What's new

Beltran stepping down

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Nice job Manfred, you got your wish when you specifically named Beltran even though you said no players would be punished.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Nice job Manfred, you got your wish when you specifically named Beltran even though you said no players would be punished.
He wasn't punished as a player.

At least ... not yet. Watch how much this effects his HOF candidacy in a couple years.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
He wasn't punished as a player.

At least ... not yet. Watch how much this effects his HOF candidacy in a couple years.
He was punished because his name was put out there when it didn't need to be. Manfred could have told the Mets about this in private. If no players were being punished then Beltran's name should have been left out because Beltran was a player during the time that the investigation is covering. Manfred wanted Beltran out so he threw his name out there to cast a shadow over him. If we're gonna do that to Beltran we should name every single player who was involved in the situation because I'm positive Beltran wasn't the only one.

Name them all or name none but to name specifically one is pretty cheap.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
He was punished because his name was put out there when it didn't need to be. Manfred could have told the Mets about this in private. If no players were being punished then Beltran's name should have been left out because Beltran was a player during the time that the investigation is covering. Manfred wanted Beltran out so he threw his name out there to cast a shadow over him. If we're gonna do that to Beltran we should name every single player who was involved in the situation because I'm positive Beltran wasn't the only one.

Someone on the Tweetle said this was basically MLB's (or Manfred's) way of saying "we gave Beltran immunity for telling us the truth but he lied to you all."

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Reaction score
This leads to the question, what does Manfred know? Does he know more about player involvement and kept it quiet since he wasn't punishing them?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
It was also no players that told the truth and didnt withhold info.....

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

Players were given full immunity and anonomity with the caveat being they must tell the truth about all of what they knew.

If they failed in doing that then....

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
They didn't give Beltran any of his salary, but they're donating $200k to his charity.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
They didn't give Beltran any of his salary, but they're donating $200k to his charity.
Seriously tells you all you need to know.

i.e. he lied in his job interview.

Latest posts

Top Bottom