What's new

Berardino clearly has vendetta...

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just read the article posted on Sun-Sentinel from Berardino. It is posed as an innocent Q&A from fans (about half from outside S. FL.), but there is clearly a negative slant. Each question seems to be almost hand picked so Berardino can give his spin on the situation, which is mostly anti-Loria and Co. He seems to have a vendetta against the front office - not against the baseball people or the players. In fact, no question other than Banks' was really about the baseball side, it seemed every question was directed at the front office in some way. Cleary B has got some issues and isnt being objective. Just another day in the life of a Marlin fan... :banghead :angry

here is the article link:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...ports%2Dmarlins

We should email him and ask what his deal is.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anyway, I sent an email to Berardino and here is what I said:

"Mike,

What is your deal? You seem to be very hostile towards the front office, and this is by no means an isolated incident. By that I mean it seems most in the media are overly critical of the front office ? Samson, Loria, Beinfest. Is there a reason for this? As a fan, is there something we should know about these gentlemen? Because as far as I can see, the front office is trying to win while being fiscally responsible. As for the lack of revenue, it is Wayne Huizenga who should be held accountable as well as John Henry. After all, Wayne H raped the Marlins with one of the worst revenue situations in all of MLB while it was Henry who signed the deal. I think you guys in the media are making this persona, and it is us fans who are getting screwed in the end."

Seems fair. I want him to tell his side of the story and maybe we could get to the bottom of this. I dont think Loria & Co. are bad people necessarily - they run a tight ship but that is because the Marlins have little revenue. I think the media is being totally unfair with this, am I wrong? :confused

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anyway, I sent an email to Berardino and here is what I said:

"Mike,

What is your deal? You seem to be very hostile towards the front office, and this is by no means an isolated incident. By that I mean it seems most in the media are overly critical of the front office ? Samson, Loria, Beinfest. Is there a reason for this? As a fan, is there something we should know about these gentlemen? Because as far as I can see, the front office is trying to win while being fiscally responsible. As for the lack of revenue, it is Wayne Huizenga who should be held accountable as well as John Henry. After all, Wayne H raped the Marlins with one of the worst revenue situations in all of MLB while it was Henry who signed the deal. I think you guys in the media are making this persona, and it is us fans who are getting screwed in the end."

Seems fair. I want him to tell his side of the story and maybe we could get to the bottom of this. I dont think Loria & Co. are bad people necessarily - they run a tight ship but that is because the Marlins have little revenue. I think the media is being totally unfair with this, am I wrong? :confused
You're right but the media in South Florida will continure to rip the Marlins Front office until they do something right in their minds.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you read the article, Berardino refers to the Marlins 'division' about bringing Willis up. He paints a picture with only 2 sides - the bean counters (who brought up Willis late to save a few bucks...) and the baseball people (who apparently were unanimous with bringing up a guy from AA - with very little experience at that level - to start for the Marlins).

This is wrong. I am sure the latter group was divided into those who thought Willis was ready and those who thought we may be rushing him in light of the Beckett, Burnett injuries as well as the Penny issues in the past.

I certainly think we may be rushing him and his arm along. I think his delivery is very suspect and could cause injury, but then again it may not and he could be one of those great ones that has a long career. One thing is for sure, Willis alone has not saved this team which is a reason I thought bringing up Bump would have been better. Why rush a guy when he may not be ready? But someone in the organization who thought like me could be classified as a 'bean counter'? Ridiculous. Anyway, just another example of Berardino's bias.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
all writers are biased in some ways.....

some of his answers show off the bias....

but only one or two i would say.

with most of his answers...what if there is truth behind those statements?

he is closer to the organization than any of us after all.

Jack1

Personally, I think you're all wrong on this Q&A column.
Maybe, just maybe Berardino has his inside sources. It's obvious that the Herald was told about the firing and who was going to be replacing Torborg. Do you think that was an upstanding and honest decision by the Marlins?
The more I read and hear about the Marlin's front office, the more I think that the inside deal between MLB, Selig, the dictator and John Henry, was crooked as all hell.
I know the Marlin's have money problems but the truth is that this team and the Montreal Expos should have been folded among others. There just is not the market for baseball in a lot of cities anymore. Baseball is a great game BUT the men who are running it are ruining it!!

Top Bottom