What's new

Bertuzzi to Phoenix?

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bertuzzi to Phoenix?

Vancouver certainly got the best of that Robert Luongo trade with Florida. And one has to wonder how much of a contribution Bertuzzi, the other big name in the deal, will make for the Panthers before he bolts for another team via free agency. Bertuzzi, who had back surgery in November, expects to resume practicing with the Panthers in a couple of weeks, but he'll be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Don't be surprised if he ends up in Phoenix, where ex-teammate Ed Jovanovski already has rolled out the welcome mat.

"I know some significant people (in Phoenix) really like Todd," Jovanovski said last week at the All-Star Game in Dallas. "And I know Todd always had his bags packed a few days early when we went to Phoenix."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../701290328/1128

We win 2 in a row and start getting bad rumors like this crop up

:confused

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
We are still 8 points out. When is the trading deadline? If we dont gain any ground by then or start losing ground, I say trade him. He hasnt really played for us all season anyways.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Remind me why a possible Bertuzzi trade a bad thing?

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Remind me why a possible Bertuzzi trade a bad thing?
Because he's one of our greatest offensive threats when healthy. However, in the NHL, you can't trade players who are on IR.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bertuzzi will not be traded. I do have a feeling that because of the lack of season he's had he'll stay in Florida for at least a one year deal.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bertuzzi will not be traded. I do have a feeling that because of the lack of season he's had he'll stay in Florida for at least a one year deal.
I hope so. I'd like to have at least some Bertuzzi for giving up Luongo.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
here is another rumor for the mix

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=194647&hubname=
Dreger: Panthers could make a big splash

With trade speculation building around the NHL, the Florida Panthers are quietly flying under the radar.

There is reason to believe the Panthers are contemplating a myriad of moves that include high-profile players Olli Jokinen and Todd Bertuzzi.

No trades are imminent, but the mere fact teams are inquiring and the Panthers are listening may lead to something that qualifies under the heading of ''blockbuster.''

Jokinen's availability would draw great interest league-wide based on his skill, durability and contract status.

Less than one year ago his name was lifted off the trade market on deadline day when he agreed to a 4 year, $21.5 million contract to stay in Florida.

However, word is starting to circulate that he's unhappy with his situation and while he may never consider asking for a trade, he might welcome the change if the opportunity is presented.

In the meantime, Bertuzzi's focus remains on his health. He's back on the ice in full contact practice, but at no point this season has a contract extension been discussed. So, over the next few weeks Jacques Martin has to decide whether to begin a negotiation to resign the veteran forward, or embrace the interest in trade that will grow as he closes in on his return.

Throw in the weekly rumors that Gary Roberts will cast aside his no-trade clause for the right fit and Florida could become this years' big seller.

I dont see us moving Olli :(

Reaction score
Geez.....can we get a grip on this franchise and please turn it into a winner? Whatever it takes. Mike Keenan=Franchise Killer

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we traded jokinen it would be a horrible move. We signed him to a pretty good contract. Bertuzzi on the other hand is a free agent and has played only a few games this season. I have no problem trading him.

Top Bottom