What's new

Big Levy

MassBrew

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey guys. Big Allen Levrault fan from his home state of Massachusetts. I've met him a couple of times, but not a relative or friend.

Yeah, the 1.32 ERA is nice, but the kid's sure pitching out of trouble every inning. Keeping the ball in the park -- that keeps the ERA down, for sure. The two leadoff walks Wednesday night, well, the Marlins' staff has been so solid this week, we can chalk those up to rust.

It seems to me that with your 11-man staff, Allen's the #10 guy and Blaine Neal's #11. I would imagine that when Redman is activated, Neal goes to AAA unless you return to a 12-man staff again. It seems the Alvarez kid would plug in at #9 for his left-handedness and he's pitched well, too.

Once your suddenly too-many starters are ready, just hoping there's still a spot on the staff for Allen. With an upcoming road trip back home to Fenway coming up, we certainly hope he's around for that, but more importantly, for the entire season. Heck, Toby Borland was pitching well before his appendicitis, or things would be even more muddled. Really nice job by your staff, really since Levy and Borland came up and Nunez went down.

When Allen was at AA in '99 and the Brewers Organizational Pitcher of the Year, he was a starter but the talk was always about his bulldog mentality moreso than his "stuff". He's been exhibiting that in this middle relief role that he's really best suited for. Bull his way through an inning or two, and avoid getting exposed to a lineup more than one time through.

I've always thought that if an organization let him work in this role (as opposed to starting as he did 20 times for the Brewers in 2001), he could enjoy a nice little extended career. Nothing wrong with plugging along for several years like that, as long as it's at the big league level.

Nice site and message board, I find the game threads entertaining. Not there live most of the time, but enjoy reading them after the fact.

Keep rooting for Allen - thanks....

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Welcome.

and i think Levrault is the #9 guy behind Alvarez and Neal

I think his job is safe

Alvarez, Neal, Chad Allen would go before Allen Levrault I would think

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
MassBrew I think Levrault is safe too. He's been pretty reliable so far.

I heard him in a pre-game interview on the radio and became an instant fan. He seems like a great kid, just a gamer who's psyched to be up here playing in the big leagues and enjoying every minute of it.

If Blaine Neal doesn't get his act together he'll be the first pitcher to go down at this point. Chad Allen would probably go down when Redman comes back Friday. When Beckett comes back in a few weeks it'll likely be Neal or Alvarez getting sent down, with Tejera or Phelps going back to the bullpen.

MassBrew

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was wondering if he had been on-air yet. If you can figure out which pre-game that was from, I'd love to go back and play the audio from the mlb.com archive. If not, don't worry. Thanks.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Welcome to the board MassBrew :mischief

I'll be darn if Levrault is sent down... the kid is amazing.. great stuff, what a gamer... :mischief

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
hmm...it was just from a week or two ago I think.

I'll see if I can find it.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea he has been pitching well for us especially last night. He got out of alot of Jams without a run. Hopefully he wont get sent back down.

Top Bottom