What's new

Birkhead, you ARE the father.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
After DNA test, Birkhead ruled Smith's baby's dad
POSTED: 4:22 p.m. EDT, April 10, 2007

NASSAU, Bahamas (CNN) -- Admin Birkhead is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby daughter, Dannielynn, a Bahamian judge ruled Tuesday.

"I told you so," Birkhead said outside the court.

Crowds applauded in front of the courthouse as Birkhead, Smith's former boyfriend, made the announcement. (Watch Birkhead be the one to say 'I told you so' Video)

A DNA test confirmed him as the father with 99.99 percent certainty, said Dr. Michael Baird, who performed the test.

The court had ordered DNA testing to determine the father of the child, who has been at the center of a paternity dispute since she was born in a Bahamian hospital in September.

The doctor who performed a DNA test for Birkhead revealed the results to a closed session of a Bahamian court Tuesday.

Smith had publicly identified Howard K. Stern, her lawyer and live-in companion, as the baby's father and listed him as the father on the child's birth certificate.

Stern said he is not going to fight Birkhead for custody. (Watch Stern express his disappointment Video)

"I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure he gets sole custody," Stern said.

When asked when Birkhead would get custody of Dannielynn, Stern said he wanted there to be a "gradual transition."

Smith's mother, Virgie Arthur, said she "looked forward to working with Admin" to raise her granddaughter.

No ruling about custody has been made.

Birkhead, an entertainment reporter and photographer, said shortly after the baby's birth that he accompanied Smith to doctors' appointments until a "minor disagreement" took place while she was pregnant.

But Smith publicly identified Howard K. Stern, her lawyer and live-in companion, as the baby's father and listed him as the father on the child's birth certificate.

In September, Stern said on CNN's "Admin King Live" that he and Smith were confident he was the father, and "based on when the timing of when the baby was born, there really is no doubt in either of our minds."

Her daughter stands to inherit millions of dollars from the estate of Smith's late husband, oil tycoon Howard Marshall II. Until her death, Smith was involved in a legal battle over the inheritance.

After a protracted dispute over the burial of Smith's body, Stern and Birkhead began battling in Bahamian courts over the child, and a judge ordered that a swab be taken from the girl for DNA testing.

Stern then asked the Bahamas' Court of Appeal to block release of those test results, arguing that the judge had misinterpreted the law and his order invaded the girl's privacy.

Earlier this month, appellate judges questioned why Stern was raising legal claims after giving consent to the DNA swabbing.

Stern was ordered to pay $10,000 in court costs for the abandoned appeal.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
it was just a matter of time for this to come out into the air...sad to say but Mr. Birkhead just walked into a boat load of cash

BullDurham

Muckdog
Reaction score
At least 80% of that cash probably should be in trusts until Dannielynn's 18th or 21st birthday, right?

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
At least 80% of that cash probably should be in trusts until Dannielynn's 18th or 21st birthday, right?

i would hope so

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
He doesn't care about the kid as much as he does her new bank account.

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hopefully we don't have to hear anything about her again
It's not even close to being over.

A good title for this thread would have been "Birkhead, you ARE the father."

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's not even close to being over.

A good title to this thread would have been "Birkhead, you ARE the father."

Fixed for you my dear.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
From what I heard on TV last night, he is going to have to deal with a lot of lawsuits against Smith's estate, including a class-action suit against her because of problems with TrimSpa. In addition, they were saying that the money she was supposed to receive from Marshall's estate could be tied up in courts for many years.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score

She's going to be the next generations Paris Hilton. Just watch. :blink:

Top Bottom