What's new

BK and Olivo

sgleason02

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anyone think that BK's submarine delivery will be awkward for Olivo to catch? I hope they've played catch a bit so that Olivo is used to BK's pitches, otherwise, the Rays could win this one on passed balls alone.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe they'll make him Treanor's guy. He was the lefty catcher last year, maybe he can be the freakshow catcher this year.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hmm... I never really thought about it but I hope it doesn't bother him. Btw, I saw
the title of this thread and thought Olivo had signed some sort of promo deal with
burger king.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I really never thought at this before you posted. Hopefully he will keep the ball in front of him.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe he needs a new glove. Is it me or has anyone noticed that he has never been able to hold onto a ball for a play at the plate, especially, as most throws come in, if it is on a bounce. I recall one, only one this year, but that was a straight throw to him. Otherwise, they always get away from him, seems like he tries to cheat and looks at the runner as the ball gets there.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe he needs a new glove. Is it me or has anyone noticed that he has never been able to hold onto a ball for a play at the plate, especially, as most throws come in, if it is on a bounce. I recall one, only one this year, but that was a straight throw to him. Otherwise, they always get away from him, seems like he tries to cheat and looks at the runner as the ball gets there.
Or maybe we should stop making excuses and accept the fact that the man just isn't that good? Other than the random stretches of power, Olivo has been far less than impressive.
Whose making excuses, I do not see any on this thread. Oh, do you think the comment about the problem is he needs a new glove is an excuse? It is called humor, or an attempt at it. If you think that was a real serious comment, then you probably think wrestling is real.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
the only play at the late I remember this year is when Olivo crushed some guy trying to unload on him....it was an awesome play.

but yeah...olivo has sucked. baker could get a shot at some point.

The only person I see defend Olivo is TheDon, who thinks Olivo is good defensively for whatever reason(well, because he has a strong arm).

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am not defending him by any means... but Spike is right... he has one of the quickest arms in the NL. Him and Dontrelle Willis rank only 2nd in SB percentage behind Chris Carpenter and Yadier Molina.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
the only play at the late I remember this year is when Olivo crushed some guy trying to unload on him....it was an awesome play.

but yeah...olivo has sucked. baker could get a shot at some point.
That was the play where is was thrown the ball without a hop, otherwise he makes a swipe and then we all see the ball behind him.

If that is humor, you are about as funny as a dead puppy is.

Way to go.
Thanks, Fido.

Top Bottom