What's new

Blue jerseys to remain exclusive to ST/BP

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
That’s where I got that from.
That's 2017. In 2019 those tops were gone and the ST jerseys and BP jerseys became the same jerseys and they are the same material as the regular jerseys. The Marlins don't have warm up tops anymore.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Just to clarify... in the past Batting Practice tops and Spring Training specific jerseys were of a cheaper lighter and otherwise different material than authentic regular game jerseys.

In 2017 teams stil had BP tops but the ST jerseys that season became the same quality and material of regular game jerseys.

In 2019 most, if not all, teams completely dropped their BP tops and the ST jersey became their BP tops, meaning that now BP, ST, and regular game jerseys are all of the same higher quality material.

The currently branded Marlins uniforms have never had a warmup or BP ST jersey of the lesser materials.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Maybe some players were signed with this team to wear this blue jerseys.

mk613

Muckdog
Reaction score
Would luv to see the blue jersey in a regular season game but definitely want to see some tweak to the logo on the hate to make the M and the marlin a bit more visible..

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
(I'd love a blue hat/black bill too). They had one the opposite (black hat, blue bill) at the team store a while back, but didn't get one.

Give us COLOR.

I get the nightlife angle, but when I think of Miami, I do NOT think of black.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I get the nightlife angle, but when I think of Miami, I do NOT think of black.
I know but there are times when they can really make the black work with the brightness of the other colors and it does create the perfect nightlife with color look. Like this I think is great...

Granted you absolutely need the perfect color and lighting scenario like that video but just saying that black can work with the bright colors if done correctly.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
You can't read. I said black cap with a blue bill. You posted the opposite.
I was testing YOU to see if you'd catch my error. ;)

I saw this in the team store a while back:

I know but there are times when they can really make the black work with the brightness of the other colors and it does create the perfect nightlife with color look. Like this I think is great...

Granted you absolutely need the perfect color and lighting scenario like that video but just saying that black can work with the bright colors if done correctly.
As has been discussed, when you need ideal lighting situations to see something up close that's meant to be seen by people hundreds of feet away, you've done something wrong.

I'm surprised they didn't take the Nike switch over as an opportunity to tweak the uniforms slightly.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't take the Nike switch over as an opportunity to tweak the uniforms slightly.
I can't believe how many times I hear this. That's not how this works. Nike is just the manufacturer of the uniforms, they don't design them. It's like if Coca-Cola started having their cans made elsewhere, it wouldn't change the flavor of the drink. The Marlins will make their tweaks whenever they see fit, if ever. They really believe they got these uniforms right, they weren't going to make changes after just one season.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I can't believe how many times I hear this. That's not how this works. Nike is just the manufacturer of the uniforms, they don't design them. It's like if Coca-Cola started having their cans made elsewhere, it wouldn't change the flavor of the drink. The Marlins will make their tweaks whenever they see fit, if ever. They really believe they got these uniforms right, they weren't going to make changes after just one season.
I didn't say anything about Nike designing them.

With a new manufacturer, there would've been proofs and whatnot the Marlins would've had to approve before production (unlike continually producing the same uniforms from Majestic). THE MARLINS could've made tweaks with the switch over and could have passed them off as manufacturer changes if they didn't want to admit the design was flawed - or just be honest and say we took the switch over opportunity to make a few slight tweaks after observing the uniforms in action.

As you point out, they must think the look is perfect and won't make changes.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about Nike designing them.

With a new manufacturer, there would've been proofs and whatnot the Marlins would've had to approve before production (unlike continually producing the same uniforms from Majestic). THE MARLINS could've made tweaks with the switch over and could have passed them off as manufacturer changes if they didn't want to admit the design was flawed - or just be honest and say we took the switch over opportunity to make a few slight tweaks after observing the uniforms in action.

As you point out, they must think the look is perfect and won't make changes.
First point, I was reacting to the overall response from many people who actually thought the Nike rebrand meant everyone would get a new uniform, not just to your quote. Can't believe how many people have said "if everyone is getting new uniforms why didnt the Marlins".

But with that said, there probably weren't any proofs or things like that. I mean yea maybe but what I'm getting at is that this isn't actually even Nike uniforms yet. I heard that these are the same uniforms as last year but with the Nike logo sewed on. Seems more like it will actually be next year if Nike makes their own specific jersey template.

Top Bottom