What's new

Bomb threat at FIU

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
saw it on courttv

FIU Bomb Threat Leads To Evacuation During Finals

(CBS4) MIAMI As tensions remain high in the wake of last week?s massacre at Virginia Tech, there was a bomb threat called in to Florida International University Monday morning and police were quick to jump into action.

According to the Maydel Santana-Bravo, the director of Media Relations at FIU, someone phoned in a bomb threat to the Financial Aid office which is located in the PC Building, also known as the Primera Casa.

The building houses both administrative offices as well as classrooms and everyone in the building was evacuated.

Police brought in bomb sniffing dogs to check the premises and to try and determine if there is a real threat.

Many students, who were in the midst of taking finals, had those tests interrupted.

Shortly after noon, the Miami Dade Police Department Bomb Squad and the FIU Police gave campus officials the all clear and re-opened the building.

FIU officials are currently working on a plan that would allow those students to resume their final exams.
http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_113111039.html

FishFanInPA

Unfortunately we're at a time when people call in threats to get out of tests they didn't study for.

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Unfortunately we're at a time when people call in threats to get out of tests they didn't study for.
my thoughts exactly...good thing I'm actually going to study for my finals this year...and why does FIU take finals 2 weeks before us in CT?

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Whoever did that is going to get the book thrown at them, that's for sure.

I can see it now:

"Jury, your verdict?"

"Your honor, we find the defendant guilty."

"I sentence you to life in prison!!!!!"

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why do losers have to do this, especially during thier final week...

I hope none of our FIU members were effected all that much.

Juanky

I was elsewhere on campus sleeping at the time :lol . I heard a bunch of choppers overhead, but didn't know anything until I checked into Facebook and read a note from somebody else. Good thing I didn't have a final in PC today, I suppose - mine's tomorrow.

my thoughts exactly...good thing I'm actually going to study for my finals this year...and why does FIU take finals 2 weeks before us in CT?We probably started earlier than you in January.

Juanky

I don't mean to belittle your experience by any means, but I've been in FIU three years and never had any problem at all that I didn't cause myself.

FishFanInPA

If I was commuting, it'd probably be the same for me. My problems lied in the dorms. Psychotic roommate. There's a lot of bad stuff going on there that most people who commute never see, trust me.

Dude, that happens everywhere...my roomate freshmen year never left the room, never had visitors and never made an effort to do anything with the floormates...

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't mean to belittle your experience by any means, but I've been in FIU three years and never had any problem at all that I didn't cause myself.
To be fair, she's a female and she lived in a dorm.

That being said, I've also never had any problems at FIU.

DaGreatOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
Damn good thing I didnt have any finals today.

I do have a final on Wednesday and Thrusday in PC tho.

I guess since I commute too, I've never had a bad experience with anyone in FIU. Though I do spend a good portion of my time on campus.

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have class in an hour, class tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I went to FIU for a semester and I left because I had people threatening my life and I did not feel safe there. It is a shame because I did like the school in itself. Anyways, when I left I filed police reports and reports in housing hoping that they'd open their eyes to sh*t like this going down and do something before someone gets hurt, but even with evidence they didn't do a thing and dropped everything I filed. I've been scared since I've left about people getting hurt. Maybe this is a copycat and maybe it's not serious, but I could easily see something happening here, especially after my experience.

My suitemate has been leaving threatening notes for me and my roommate because he thinks we robbed him. Of course, we think he robbed us. Quite funny.

marlins02

i believe her, in my 4+ years ive dealt with my fair share of crazy people and developed an enemy or 2 or have had friends with some of their own problems/enemies/stalkers.

I went to FIU for a semester and I left because I had people threatening my life and I did not feel safe there. It is a shame because I did like the school in itself. Anyways, when I left I filed police reports and reports in housing hoping that they'd open their eyes to sh*t like this going down and do something before someone gets hurt, but even with evidence they didn't do a thing and dropped everything I filed. I've been scared since I've left about people getting hurt. Maybe this is a copycat and maybe it's not serious, but I could easily see something happening here, especially after my experience.

My suitemate has been leaving threatening notes for me and my roommate because he thinks we robbed him. Of course, we think he robbed us. Quite funny.

i know somebody who's done some real low sh*t to people he SUSPECTS of "crimes" a year or so after it first happened. like a few weeks ago he stole money from a friend who works there trying to cost him his job because of book that went missing early LAST summer and then gave the money back and told him thats why he did it. me and him got into it one time because I "told" him to f*** off one time (i still dont know what he's talking about) and argument didnt happen till about 3 months after it supposedly happened. later he tried framing a friend of mine for a stolen watch. Later he almost got into a fight with a friend of mine because my he let anotehr friend know his girl was there. this same dude will stand around just staring at you hard for no f***ing reason adn will literally get up and run away if you go anywhere near him. im talking about 10:30 pm, the building's almost empty, you turn around and he's right there LOOKING dead at you like he wants to hurt you. FIU got some insane people for real.

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, I don't really have a final. So, I was not at school today.

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
same sh*t happned today at bcc.... i had a health final which was super easy..... stupid kid if he was gonna make a threat he should waited until the real finals begin like wednesday thru monday......

all this sh*t does is f*** up my studying time today for chem class......

they said they have the suspect that they are ?ing........ and said his letter was very chilling makeing refrences to the va tech shooting.....

see only lame men do this.... men who dont get any p***y........ when you get p***y ya happy no matter what.... f***ing losers

Top Bottom