What's new

Braden Looper

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He has the stuff, he has the lead to do it. The question is: Will Braden Looper be the next great closer produced by this organization?

The next Trevor Hoffman? The next Billy Wagner?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
he is looking like it....

24/26 over this year and last in save opps....

recently, when he comes in the game, he is throwin heat, and for mostly strikes.... that is key

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

recently, when he comes in the game, he is throwin heat, and for mostly strikes.... that is key
Last year he had some trouble with it, but it seems like he has perfected his sinker, and that change-up seems to get everyone...

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score

yea thats very true, last year vraden couldnt throw strikes for s***. we would then get behind and then he would get rocked.

he looks a lot different this year. he comes out firng them, and he has been succesful

hopefully this means better things to come?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
damnit josh.....

stop trumping my ideas...

you know i mentioned that somewhere the other day...

give me my credit....

:p

bigfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
i see braden as the next Antonio Alfensaco(horrible spelling there doh) 1 maybe two seasons as a really good closer then comes back down to earth. Remember how awesome Vladie Nunez was last year. kinda seems strange he sucks this year and braden is throwing good.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
i see braden as the next Antonio Alfensaco(horrible spelling there doh) 1 maybe two seasons as a really good closer then comes back down to earth. Remember how awesome Vladie Nunez was last year. kinda seems strange he sucks this year and braden is throwing good.
Well, Vlad doesn't have Braden's four seemer or sinker...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
damnit josh.....

stop trumping my ideas...

you know i mentioned that somewhere the other day...

give me my credit....

:p
Thought of it all on my own, thank you!

bigfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, Vlad doesn't have Braden's four seemer or sinker... but Braden doesn't have that slider vladie did last year. Im not trying to argue, but after watching him the last few years its kinda hard to think that he is the real deal. Although watching him pitch out of that jam Vladie got him in did send a chill up my spine :eek:

I just hope that he keeps it up. I would love to see the fish have their second best closer of all time. (sorry im a huge fan of Bryan Harvey :p )

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
There were times when I just didn't think the guy had it in him to be a dominant closer in this league.

After watching him on the edge of my seat for 2 years waiting for the worst, I'm starting to feel confident now seeing him go out to close games. He's been making a believer out of me this season. We'll see how the whole season goes, but so far so good.

I never considered Alfonseca a dominant closer in the league when he was here. He was good, not elite.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I dont think he will be the next hoffman but he is pitching like one. He just throws heat down the pipe sometimes and they rack him but when hus fastball is moving and nipping the corners he is unhittable....

LiLLaz#8

Braden has been doing really good so he should stay as our closer. :w00t

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
ever since Griffey took him deep in the Cinci. series he really has pretty much not made any mistakes, and his 2.55 era is pretty damn good too. but aside from numbers, like you all have been saying he's becoming more confident and his stuff is getting better.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Looper certainly does have the nail biting working for him. Se?or Nasty kept you at the edge of your seat.
And Alfonseca has that sixth finger...

Loop doesn't...

Maybe thats why Antonio has such a great change...? :mischief2

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Looper certainly does have the? nail biting working for him.? Se?or Nasty kept you at the edge of your seat.
And Alfonseca has that sixth finger...

Loop doesn't...

Maybe thats why Antonio has such a great change...? :mischief2 even the yearlfonseca had 45 saves his era was over 4.00

thats not to cool, that means he gave runs during lots of his saves. i guess he had many 2 and 3 run leads and gave up one run. his er was 4.24, thats not too good for a closer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom