What's new

Break out the Brooms!

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Talk about some excellent baseball the last few days. Thoughts?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Now, time to bring the Teal brooms to Milwaukee for some Brewcrew Bashing!

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I also hope that Mitre's injury isn't anything serious.

1st-Boones glovework at 1B has been a very pleasant surprise(to me anyway, it might not be to others), and Id like to see him move up in the order. Him batting behind Olivo is insanity IMO.

I am officially on the Boone bandwagon, although he will probably never replace Easley as my favorite super sub.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Brewers have cooled recently. Hoping we can take 3 games, but would settle for 2

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Boone's approaching Andy Fox utility infielder territory for me. :p

Fantastic showing by Miggy, Hammer, Uggla, Hermida tonight.

Mitre looked real good again, hope that cramp is nothing serious. (Makes me openly wonder about our intentions for him, and our rotation now).

Also huge to give Gregg the night off before what should be a really tight Brewers series.

Open question to you all, are we winning at this clip because of the lineup shuffle, or despite it?

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've been unable to fund my off-shore account since Memorial Day and it looks like at least another 2 days before I have wagering available :banghead , thus guaranteeing a 5 game win streak at least.

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
this was sweet after homestand we make up for sweep at home let hope their keep winning during rest of road trip

Jonny Ramos

Muckdog
Reaction score
1st-Boones glovework at 1B has been a very pleasant surprise(to me anyway, it might not be to others), and Id like to see him move up in the order. Him batting behind Olivo is insanity IMO.

I am officially on the Boone bandwagon, although he will probably never replace Easley as my favorite super sub.

Ive always liked Boone ever since his first game for the marlins. You can instantly see how he improves every game, especially in plate discipline. he is much calmer at the plate than how he used to be (of course hes getting some good AB). Hes fielding is very impressive at first base too.

It would be a no brainer to move him up, especially now that olivo can't hit a watermellon.

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Impressive stat of the night: 1 total walk by the pitching staff. That's how you get it done.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score

Mitre looked real good again, hope that cramp is nothing serious. (Makes me openly wonder about our intentions for him, and our rotation now).

Also huge to give Gregg the night off before what should be a really tight Brewers series.

Open question to you all, are we winning at this clip because of the lineup shuffle, or despite it?

I think despite it. I still want Hanley back in the leadoff spot and Cabs batting 3rd. I'm not sure if there's a link between Hanley's slump and where he is in the lineup (maybe trying to do too much?) but we need his bat leading off. I just don't see Ramirez as a consistent RBI man right now; that could change in the future.

GoMarlins2435

Muckdog
Reaction score

I think despite it. I still want Hanley back in the leadoff spot and Cabs batting 3rd. I'm not sure if there's a link between Hanley's slump and where he is in the lineup (maybe trying to do too much?) but we need his bat leading off. I just don't see Ramirez as a consistent RBI man right now; that could change in the future.

I'm with you, I feel his productivity is much more significant right now from the leadoff spot. Maybe 3rd at a different time but now, we need him back at leadoff.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Shadez is our best lead-off hitter. Not Amezaga, not Abercrombie, not anyone else. Let him get back to his favorate spot in the lineup

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score

I'm with you, I feel his productivity is much more significant right now from the leadoff spot. Maybe 3rd at a different time but now, we need him back at leadoff.

He has cooled tremendously. I mean, he is hitting .277 from the 3 spot, and his OBP has also decreased a great deal (he dropped below .400 a couple nights ago for the first time this season, and his improved OBP is where a huge value increase came in the early part of this season). And, his RBI's have not increased whatsoever.

Because I know Dan Uggla has been on a tear as of late, but he can't get on base consistently enough and we have no leadoff hitter, so there really aren't that many opportunities. I would like to see something like this...

Hanley (there's nothing wrong with power in the front)
Hermida (he's getting on track as of late, and his OBP potential is insane)
Boone (I don't know what to say about Boone, except I am very impressed as of late... he belongs in a run production slot)
Cabs (Clean it up)
Willingham (potential for tons of RBI's)
Uggla (He's becoming more and more of a power hitter, not a consistent hitter of average, he needs to clean stuff up here in the mids)
Amezaga / Abercrombie / De Aza / Please God, someone else... (Leadoff? For real?)
Olivo (Major League Baseball? For Real?)
P

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
Random question: I was roaming between the TV (Ducks game) and the computer (Marlins game) and didn't hear the reason, but did anyone know why Presley was coaching at first late in the game?

Top Bottom