What's new

Brian Anderson on the block?

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Brian Anderson Trade Near?
Between Ozzie Guillen's words and actions, it's safe to say he does not like Brian Anderson. I don't know if it's BA's attitude or something else, but he's had his chance and he's not getting another one with the White Sox. He did get 365 ABs last year, so you can't say he didn't get a legitimate shot. Anderson seemed to be making some progress offensively in July and August of '06, but regressed in September.

Nathaniel Whalen of the Daily Southtown reads between the lines, and thinks a change of scenery might make sense here. Anderson's minor league record is still contributing to a healthy PECOTA projection: .265/.324/.447. That's pretty good for a CF, especially if he's a plus defender.

In the past, the Giants and Rangers have inquired about Anderson. I feel like the Marlins did too, but can't find a record of it. The Fish in particular can afford to let Anderson develop at the big league level. Perhaps the Padres, A's, or Nationals would get involved as well. They haven't been major deals, but Jim Bowden has been Kenny Williams's most frequent trading partner over the years.

I dont think we do anything here, but it would be nice to have a plus defender in CF with his potential upside. Nothing against De Aza...I just dont see him as any long-term solution as an everyday player

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the White Sox know when a player is done. Look at Borchard. He's an okay bench player, but definitely not a starter in this league. Besides, Kenny Williams would probably want something valuable in return.......

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
He made a lot more sense a month ago.

I'm not sold on this team being good enough to hang to warrant paying the in-season price for a young centerfielder that won't make a lick of difference this year for us, IMO.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd pass, and I assume Beinfest would as well. Our outfield situation is pretty good with Hermida and De Aza eventually coming back.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
De Aza has shown in a week more than Anderson has shown in the time he has been in the majors. If he would get cut I would sign him but no trade sorry

marlinz_fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
De Aza has shown in a week more than Anderson has shown in the time he has been in the majors. If he would get cut I would sign him but no trade sorry

I agree 100% Eddie.....like how we picked up Borchard last year. He was traded at the end of ST from the CWS to the Mariners, and then they let him go completely....no trade and we got him.

IMO Anderson probably has more upside than De Aza.

A handful of at bats notwithstanding, he is still a rule V guy who hit .266 in his minor league career.

Pulling for the guy, but I am also realistic in my expectations for De Aza.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anderson is a player with the ability to have a GG out there in CF even in our stadium guys.

He is a great plus defender. His bat needs work though yet hewas a highly rated prospect for a reason

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score

A handful of at bats notwithstanding, he is still a rule V guy who hit .266 in his minor league career.

exactly...and Anderson has a good minor league track record.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Sox are going down the same path with Anderson that the Cubs did with Patterson. They'd be smart to move him now before they completely run him in to the ground. I'd love to get the guy.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Sox are going down the same path with Anderson that the Cubs did with Patterson. They'd be smart to move him now before they completely run him in to the ground. I'd love to get the guy.
if the price is right you have to at least try...people still havnt learned their lesson from small sample sizes (aka De Aza)

exactly...and Anderson has a good minor league track record.

:lol I dont think you have ever agreed with me on anything until that post

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah, it felt weird. but you're different for sure.

Top Bottom