What's new

Brian Hill fired as Magic coach

Mark

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let the Billy Donovan to Orlando rumors begin!

Flying_Mollusk

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm hoping for Macaroni Iavaroni. I'm not a big fan of college coaches. If no Iavaroni, then Carlisle.

Admin Brown would be an interesting candidate.

Brown: "So Darko...how have you been?"
Darko: "I hate you."

Mark

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd go with Carlisle, personally.

Lenny Wilkins would be interesting as well.

Reaction score
Jeff Van Gundy or Rick Carlisle would be my choice if I were a Magic fan. I feel both are very good coaches and Carlisle got a raw deal in Indiana. The demise of that franchise is Bird's fault not his. Van Gundy, you could argue it is his fault that the Rockets couldnt get out of the first round but I blame the two softest "superstars" in the league in TMac and Yao.

Fritz

Thank God that douche is gone. I want Carlisle or that Macaroni guy. Mmmm, macaroni.

Flying_Mollusk

Muckdog
Reaction score
There are two schools of thought

The first is that Hill's half court offense system just doesn't fit this group of players and that is why they fired him. In that case, none of the coaches outside of Iavaroni(except Adelman but he is taken) fit well.

The second, and the one I subscribe to, is that Hill could not adjust when the rest of the league adjusted to him and he could not adjust midgame. In that case, Carlisle is great.

Jeff Van Gundy may be a fluke. His best run came when the Knicks players did their own thing. Stan Van Gundy is always a possibility.

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
My vote is either Stan Van Gundy, or you ready.... Reggie Theus.

He has had a good, yet short career at Nevada, he's looking to coach in the NBA, and has a history with the Magic. I bet this happens.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd go with Carlisle, personally.

Lenny Wilkins would be interesting as well.

Lenny Wilkins??? :blink: He has to be older than Greg Oden now!

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rick Carlise may be recycled but he has gotten a lot of raw deals in the past even in places where he has proven to be very successful.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thank God that douche is gone. I want Carlisle or that Macaroni guy. Mmmm, macaroni.

Brian Hill wasn't/isn't a douche, he was/is just a horrible horrible coach. The Magic will finish top 6 in the East next year

Fritz

Brian Hill wasn't/isn't a douche, he was/is just a horrible horrible coach. The Magic will finish top 6 in the East next year
His complete inability to adjust along with his extremely questionable decision making regarding playing time for certain players makes him a douche.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
I disagree, I think those two things further show that he is a terrible coach and perhaps slightly retarded. But he is a good guy who just doesn't deserve a coaching job

Flying_Mollusk

Muckdog
Reaction score

We were a .500 team as per our points scored and allowed. Just the addition of a free agent this summer, possibly Gerald Wallace or Rashard Lewis, should add at least 4-5 wins. New Jersey isn't going to be any better than they are now. Washington could rise if they have Arenas healthy. Can't discount Miami with a healthy Wade(more importantly, can't discount Miami on this board), Chicago is going to be in contention for a top 3, Detroit is Detroit, Cleveland is Cleveland. Toronto is on the rise. I see no other east teams really breaking out.

So that could mean we can compete for around the 6 seed with Washington. The east is getting better and deeper now. I think Detroit will hit its decline in 2 years. Miami will have to start thinking about the post-Shaq days. So the more we improve, the higher we can rise in the future.

Our long term hope has to be that our size advantage will allow us to take over the east at some point if our two big men become what we hope they will become.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
The big men will indeed be an advantage. A key one that Hill never used as he should. Next year Darko and Howard will start together as they shouldve this yr so they could learn together and learn how to play together at the same time. Ive been clamoring for Gerald Wallace all year, I think that would be the best possible addition the Magic could make.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
The big men will indeed be an advantage. A key one that Hill never used as he should. Next year Darko and Howard will start together as they shouldve this yr so they could learn together and learn how to play together at the same time. Ive been clamoring for Gerald Wallace all year, I think that would be the best possible addition the Magic could make.
The magic also could use another big man, whenever one of their 3 big men (Battie, Darko, and Howard) got hurt they were f***ed.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like the athletic big men, we add Gerald Walace and play the up tempo style that this team should obviously be playing and I think we will be the most exciting team to watch. Ariza, Howard, Dooling, Arroyo, Nelson and Wallace would be a team built to run.

Top Bottom