What's new

Brian Lawrence

Marlins97+03WC

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lawrence is going to sign for cheap. The best offers he has so far are minor league deals. I was thinking that maybe the Marlins should get him. This would allow us to put Ricky in the closers role and still have a strong rotation. He had some good years with San Diego before his injury last year. He could easily be the best #5 starter in the game.

Starters
Dontrelle Willis
Scott Olsen
Josh Johnson
Anibal Sanchez
Brian Lawrence

Bullpen
Henry Owens
Matt Lindstrom
Kevin Gregg
Taylor Tankersley
Renyel Pinto
Ricky Nolasco

That looks like a strong pitching staff. What do you guys think. You can never have enough pitching. All of those guys have the stuff to be excellent bullpen weapons.

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
not a bad idea but i would prefer to keep ricky as a starter , sign an experienced reliever , and use a lawrence type pitcher as a swing man/spot starter who can fill in should one of our pitchers go on the disabled list or have a tired arm

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like this idea a lot. I'm surprised nobody has signed him to a MLB deal.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd prefer to try Mitre or Petit or Pinto in the 5th spot than sign somebody. Our team is not going to live or die with our 5th starter, and I feel pretty good about the chances of finding a quality fifth with all the surplus starters we have. Lets spend our limited resources on potential closers or center fielders.

Top Bottom