What's new

Brinson 'a different guy'

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
He's struck out once in 22 at bats. Last two springs, he'd have close to 20 in around 50 at bats.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
He's struck out once in 22 at bats. Last two springs, he'd have close to 20 in around 50 at bats.
Now this is an interesting development.

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he somehow finally put it all together, that’s HUGE. I’m not gonna hold my breath just yet though.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
It's really a dream come true if he's really different this time.

cornfield

Muckdog
Reaction score
ONE whiff this spring ... that's helpful

ZERO walks ... that's a problem

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Could just be having an aggressive approach at the plate and jumping on pitches early in the count. If this continues into the season, pitchers will have to start being more careful rather than going right at him and the walks will come.

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
Could just be having an aggressive approach at the plate and jumping on pitches early in the count. If this continues into the season, pitchers will have to start being more careful rather than going right at him and the walks will come.
Let’s see what happens when he starts seeing more offspeed pitches from better pitchers in the regular season.

Reaction score
Let’s see what happens when he starts seeing more offspeed pitches from better pitchers in the regular season.
Now I've paid keen attention to whether or not the fellers in the mound have been throwing the bendy stuff or not to ol' Brins. And I'll say, there appears to be a book on Brinson: Throw a breaking ball down and away. Not really revelatory stuff, but the it's a recipe we saw work against him in 2018-19.

Well, they've gone to that book again this spring, maybe even to an excess as pitchers are trying to master the feel of their off-speed bits, and frankly Brinson had licked his thumb, maintained eye contact with the pitcher, and one-by-one ripped every page from that book.

I'll go ahead and say it. I spect Brinson gonna have a heckuva good year in 2020.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
If Brinson is a different guy, then is he still Brinson? What if this new guy has a different name?

Top Bottom