What's new

Cabrera up by the All-Star break?

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Listening to Mike Berardino's one-hour show with Hank on WQAM, he seems to think that the Marlins could call him up literally as soon as he gets comfortable out in left field. He played his 2nd game in the OF and supposedly made a leaping catch out there, while continuing to pound AA pitching. He said he wouldn't be surprised to even see him up by the All-Star break. Perhaps they'll make a deal and bring up Cabrera right around the same time.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
why not bring him up to triple a then?

question.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we might have become a little to optimistic with Willis's performance, but regardless I'm one of those and would love to see Cabs up here. He's going to be a great MLer for a long time and our 2nd home grown superstar after A-Gon.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
They didn't bother with Dontrelle either. He's definately on the fast track to the majors.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
So what they are hoping to strike gold twice in a season....

Not exactly wise.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
It says something about the kind of year you're having when the front office turns to two 20 year old kids to try & salvage the season... :mischief2

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
This Fish have a very good AA team, AAA is not as wonderful. Get him up only if he is truely comfortable with LF. LF is a big responsibility. I heard he didn't have much range in a scouting report, is this true? (I hope not)

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
This Fish have a very good AA team, AAA is not as wonderful. Get him up only if he is truely comfortable with LF. LF is a big responsibility. I heard he didn't have much range in a scouting report, is this true? (I hope not)
a scouting report on him in LF?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
No one from third base. They said he could make great plays like Lowell, and like lowell had range issues. LF need range, lots of ground to cover.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
if Millar could play LF, so can Miguel

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree, but what was stopping them from putting him in LF before?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree, but what was stopping them from putting him in LF before?
no need.

they wanted to see him as 3b... but he was pretty error prone there

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
3B is harder than LF. He will do well, he may be a call up in the heat of a wildcard race in July maybe.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Everything you heard from Berardino you could have read on the AA team website (www.gomudcats.com) or in the Zebulon daily newspaper online.

He added exactly zero to what is already out there for mass consumption.

As for why not send the kid (Cabrera) to AAA for a few weeks before sending him here, The 'Topes have had enough disruption this year, there's nothing he's going to learn there in ten days or two weeks, and the thinking is to let him play left field for the Mudcats without having to make a transition to Albuquerque.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Berardino is not a baseball writer. AA club plays in harder league talentwise by many assessments than AAA club. Southern League is harder than Pacific Coast League, that's why Willis was able to skip AAA.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's not a baseball writer? What is he then?

Everything you heard from Berardino you could have read on the AA team website (www.gomudcats.com) or in the Zebulon daily newspaper online.

Ok, I guess I don't read the Zebulon daily paper quite as much as I shoud... :rolleyes:

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I don't read the Zebulon daily paper quite as much as I shoud... :rolleyes:
:compute Laughin' my a** off.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
He is a sports pundit, like LeBatard, but nowhere near as negative. To me he is not credible since he started this vandetta with management.

I love the way Berardino has had to eat his words about the Marlins bringing up Willis instead of the other pitcher who is at AAA, supposedly to save $$! (Search the forum for the anti-Marlins bringing up Willis article/editorial vandetta thread for more info) He looked just plain idiotic, when he doubled back and had to write an article on Willis being the talk of baseball.

Top Bottom