What's new

Cabrera's Arbitration Hearing

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.

yandro

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.
Exactly my point. What can the Marlins say about Cabrera (other than the FanFest fiasco)? What, that he can't pitch?

FlummoxedLummox

When is the hearing precisely(as in what time)? When will we hear the results?

My vote is that Cabrera wins.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Personally, as I've said all along, since this process is game-planned by really competent consultants on both sides, essentially the Marlins' argument will be he is the greatest player in the world and we propose to pay him everything he ought to get in his first year of arbitration.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
When is the hearing precisely(as in what time)? When will we hear the results?

My vote is that Cabrera wins.

It's still in progress.

El Guapo

Muckdog
Reaction score
It would be a crime if he doesn't win.....

He deserves way more than what he's asking for.....

Cheap Bastards......

He'll be in Yankee pinstripes soon......

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Its a LOCK! Cabs wins, wish they had some odds on it..
:thumbup

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
A few days ago you said somehting similar and I thought you were a bit off but after thinking about it I tend to agree because Teixeira will make over $9 million this year and Miguel can use Teixeira's salary as a base for his salary. I think he'll win and I REALLY hope he wins.

FlummoxedLummox

A few days ago you said somehting similar and I thought you were a bit off but after thinking about it I tend to agree because Teixeira will make over $9 million this year and Miguel can use Teixeira's salary as a base for his salary. I think he'll win and I REALLY hope he wins.
Hasn't Teixeira been in the league one year longer than Cabrera, thus making the two situations not comparable?

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hasn't Teixeira been in the league one year longer than Cabrera, thus making the two situations not comparable?
Teixeira only has a couple of months more of service time. Cabrera can use him for comparison.

===========================

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/...out-arbitration

The Really Important Thing to Remember

According to the Basic Agreement, an arbitrator is supposed to consider several things when deciding upon a case. Most importantly, he/she is directed to consider:
  • The player's contribution to his team
  • His previous salary
  • The salaries of players in a similar class
The last two points are extremely important -- in arbitration, players are not all equal. When making a case for a player, the arbitrators are instructed to consider only the salaries of players with the same amount of major league experience, or one year more.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just curious. For those more in the know than I, when was the last time a player of Cabrera's ability or close gone to arbitration in the first year? Has it ever happened before?

Pnino

Muckdog
Reaction score
Still waiting. Any word on the outcome? I'm really curious how this turns out. Cabs appears very disatisfied here in FL. I say we give him the money and keep him happy until he bolts when he becomes a FA. He is the key to the offense.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is a three day weekend coming up so the situation is different but I believe Gregg was heard on the 12th and announced on the 13th. You would have to think though they would rather finish their work tonight and be done with it.

Top Bottom