What's new

Can it come true?

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but when I look at our potential future roatation, I am getting excited. Look at the possibilities:

A.J. Burnett - Hard throwing RHP and still young. He should make a successful TJ surgery recovery. Potential: Ace.

Brad Penny - Another flame-throwing RHP. At just 25-years-old maybe finally putting it all together. Potential: Ace.

Josh Beckett - What is that? Real young, only 23. A third, young, flame-throwing RHP? Yes it is! Immense potential, if he stays healthy...look out. Potential: Ace.

Dontrelle Willis - Finally a lefty. Only 21. He may not throw as hard, but his control and delievery give him an edge. Potential: Ace.

Jeff Allison - Just drafted and is only 18. Has great control and cartoon character numbers. Can light up the radar, RHP. Potential: 5th Ace.

This is all not to mention people such as Justin Wayne (sucks but hey...), Don Levinski, Danny Bautista, Trevor Hutchinson, Ryan Snare, etc...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
and right now, Big Red is pitching the best he ever has....

and excluding his last start, same goes for Pavano

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
The only problem is...

Will we be able to keep that rotation (salary wise)?

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good call Wild Card. By the time any of the existing MLB pitchers reach "ace" status they'll be scattered in all four corners of the country playing for different teams.

Sad to say, but I think a realistic outcome for AJ is a comeback as a bullpen guy, maybe a flamethrowing closer. And that isn't until 2005.

And as for Allison, by the time he gets called up some of our current pitchers might be on their third or fourth team by then.

I would be tickled pink if two of them were to be still pitching in Miami come opening day 2005.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good call Wild Card. By the time any of the existing MLB pitchers reach "ace" status they'll be scattered in all four corners of the country playing for different teams.

Sad to say, but I think a realistic outcome for AJ is a comeback as a bullpen guy, maybe a flamethrowing closer. And that isn't until 2005.

And as for Allison, by the time he gets called up some of our current pitchers might be on their third or fourth team by then.

I would be tickled pink if two of them were to be still pitching in Miami come opening day 2005.
Well, for one, AJ has not really been known to be able to throw 98-99 on call, so he will probably remain in a rotation (hopefully here).

With the Allison thing, I honestly think he can be up by the 2005 or 2006 season. He has the stuff, no doubt, and definately the mental side down.

As long as this franchise can be smart and whip out some fairly cheap but long-term offers for these guys (probably will see it for Willis, Pavano, Beckett most likely), then wave buhbye...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
The pitching has done Fine this season its just we arent hitting AGAIN with RISP. Our best game we have played was yesterday we were hitting with runners on for the first time.

I can wait until Allison is ready, we will have the best young 5 guys in our rotation....

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I worry about AJ and wonder even if he does come back from Tommy John surgery that he may just be too injury prone.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I worry about AJ and wonder even if he does come back from Tommy John surgery that he may just be too injury prone.
Why? He should come back better and healthier than he ever was!

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
ummmmm jeff allison is 18 years old and was just drafted dont even plan to see him anytime soon.

sean rodriguez from my school got drafted 90th overall by the angels he is a shortstop

and we played on the same team together and he helped lead us to the best season in braddock baseball history.

i was a sophomore on the varsity team, i was the starting 1B, dammit he has a hell of a gun. some of his balls that he throws to me over at first are so hard i missed two games with a bruised palm.

after playing next to sean for a year, i know that he is gonna do some stuff. the guy's arm is so accurtae i only had to scoop two balls from him at 1st base the whole season and i played 27 games this past year.

have any of you heard of him?

sean is such a badass player man

he hit .412 last season, i am suprised he went to 90th overall but he is awesome

just wait 3-4 years when you see him in the big leagues

i am pondering this year whether i should start pitching again or stay at 1st, i tore my labrum in 2002 freshman year.

but i think i have a better of a chance to get looked at over a 1B dont throw flames, only been clockedat 84mph, but i got a badass knuckle-curve and a screwball, i've been told to stop throing the screball because it messes up your arm so much

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
he hit .412 last season
Believe it or not, that's why he was chosen that far down. If you want to get drafted in the first round, as a position player out of HS, then you better be batting . 475 or higher (maybe exagerating).

The Twins were scouting up here in Boca at our CF, and they saw my brother. They started talking to him, thinking he was a junior or senior (he hit . 532 on Varsity this seaosn as a Freshman LF). They found out he was a freshman, and said, "see you on my draft board in 3 years then." He ended up winning the team triple crown.

It takes a big average, a good amount of HR and RBI, and great defense to get drafted that high as a position player out of HS.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea man i know i need to up that average, i wonder where i would be now if would've never had surgery, i am throwing the same speed now that i did two years ago.

regardless i dont give a damn i am happy to be playing ball

the scouts told me that me being 6'3 210 as a junior is terrific, i just wanna play ball man it is so fun

i was throwing the same speed that i was now two years ago
They told my brother he has a "Shawn Green like" swing and power. He is big for a freshman, but not big (6'0" 180). Like Shawn Green, he isn't a huge guy, but hits for imense power and average, and if he keeps improving at the pace he is at, he could be touted as a 1st round pick, easily.

*Gets 10%*

FIUMarlinfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
hmmm, wierd, i dont see a j or rod( id assume rodrigez) in braddocks team site, www.eteamz.com/braddockbulldogs, do you have another name, and it seems as if sean was the team leader in hrs with 8

either i got the wrong stats, or you have a diffrent name, or you were caught in a sh!t full of lies. because my friend from goleman,frankyn, hit 9 bombs, and he made all dade 1st team whilew hitting .4 something, with less rbi than you claim to have. i was a star in travel ball and became a run of trhe mill pitcher in high school(hialeah) just a n.2 stater in jv and a lefty reliever in my limited time in varsity, so josh , try and step it up a notch kid.

i am a high school baseball fanatic as well as mlb, and i basically know all the stars, i knew i wouldnt miss a guy ewith 12 jacks

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
so josh , try and step it up a notch kid.
Why are you talkin to me? I didn't claim to have fake stats...

Top Bottom