if they trade away their team.

cmon Josh, this has been discussed so many times on this board

I hope he is here.

Chances point to NO
Explain to me why?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
We can choose not to offer arbitration to Pavano and/or Redman, and same goes for other players. It's not like we are forced to keep some of the arbitration eligible guys. We CAN just let them go...

To keep Mike Lowell on this team for years and year to come, I think it would be worth it to not tender contracts to some arbitration eligible players...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
pitching wins championships
As true as that is, those two aren't a soft-throwing percision pitching pair like Maddux and Glavine...

To keep Mike Lowell, I think those guys are loseable...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
so how many players would you 'drop' just to keep Lowell?

Drop Lee, Drop Pudge, Drop Redmond, think about dropping Castillo, Drop Nunez, Drop Mando

OldTimey

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey fellas!

I think the Marlins CAN afford Mike Lowell. Will they choose to? I doubt it.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
so how many players would you 'drop' just to keep Lowell?

Drop Lee, Drop Pudge, Drop Redmond, think about dropping Castillo, Drop Nunez, Drop Mando
Lee will be gone, so will Pudge, Castillo too, Nunez definately...

Not Red and Mando

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know I'm getting off-topic, but does everyone expect the Marlins to keep AJ Burnett & sign him again for 2.5 million to sit in rehab all season, then hope the following year that he can come back & be some semblence of his former self? Or is it possible they can renegotiate his contract at a smaller salary since he won't be able to pitch all year?

I have no idea, just wondered what everyone thinks. I wouldn't put it past the front office just to release him or something...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know I'm getting off-topic, but does everyone expect the Marlins to keep AJ Burnett & sign him again for 2.5 million to sit in rehab all season, then hope the following year that he can come back & be some semblence of his former self? Or is it possible they can renegotiate his contract at a smaller salary since he won't be able to pitch all year?

I have no idea, just wondered what everyone thinks. I wouldn't put it past the front office just to release him or something...
You would most likely see a deal that is maybe $500,000 the first year, $1,000,000 Million the second and $2,000,000 ther third season, but full of performance incentives...

Basically only $3.5 Million gaurenteed, but Millions more possible... It would also make him want to perform much better...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yes, we are dumping Pudge so we can use that Money for Lowell. We need to because with out him we wont go anywhere. He carry's this team to its best. We really need him.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yes, we are dumping Pudge so we can use that Money for Lowell. We need to because with out him we wont go anywhere. He carry's this team to its best. We really need him.
even though we dump Pudge next year...we still owe him $3mil

Top Bottom