What's new

Car Trouble question

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
So I started my car, pulled out of my space and drive through my parking lot. I went over a speed bump and suddenly PWNED my engine stops running. The engine light came on after I stopped hearing any engine noise and I could only go forward very slowly (the usual foot not on the brake but car in drive motion). The wheel was very hard to turn as I tried to get into a parking spot. Now the brake is up higher than usual and is hard to press down. Also, there was a lot of resistance when I tried turning the key again to restart it.

So anyways, this happend 2 hours ago and I asked around and people don't seem to know much about cars. Any information you all may have on what the problem is or how to fix it is immensley appreciated.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
That sounds like serious damage. Just a guess - you may have broken an axle.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have no idea as well and my uneducated guess would be a broken belt somewhere.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you don't mind, but what kind of car is it? Some cars have maintenance-free timing belts....which if yours doesn't....could be the easy issue.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, thanks to the info, especially to Cape, who restored my confidence in FSU students. :whistle :thumbup

I'll have to do the ugly work tomorrow of getting it to a repair shop.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, thanks to the info, especially to Cape, who restored my confidence in FSU students. :whistle :thumbup

I'll have to do the ugly work tomorrow of getting it to a repair shop.

Don't drive it, you'll need to get it towed.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Chewie,

I assumed you would have it towed, but DO NOT OPERATE THAT VEHICLE! It is likely not safe and definitely not legally roadworthy.

Do you/your parents have AAA?

SkyJuice

Muckdog
Reaction score
ya.. def. the timing belt.. the same thing happened to me in my old ford splash one night comin home from the fish fry

Top Bottom