What's new

Cavemen

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Source: Variety

ABC has turned the series of quirky Geico commercials featuring caveman characters into an actual half-hour comedy project, reports Variety.

"Cavemen" will revolve around three pre-historic men who must battle prejudice as they attempt to live as normal thirtysomethings in modern Atlanta.

The project, from ABC TV Studio, is written by Joe Lawson, an advertising copywriter who was behind the "Caveman" ads -- as well as other Geico commercials like the cockney-speaking Geico gecko.

Daniel Rappaport, Guymon Cassady, Will Speck and Josh Gordon are executive producers. Speck and Gordon, commercial directors who recently helmed the Will Farrell feature Blades of Glory, are on board to also direct.

Jeff Daniel Phillips and Ben Weber play the cavemen in the Geico spots; no word if they'll make the transformation to the TV project.
:blink:

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
won't last. commercials and tv shows are very different mediums. i won't be sitting down to watch cavemen for a half hour.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
Worst. Idea. Ever.

How desperate are they for tv shows that they resort to this crap?

Libelula

Muckdog
Reaction score
THANK GOD. I LOVE THE STUPID ASS COMMERCIALS.

I can not help but crack up every time that one comes on when they're at that party. And believe it or not, I was thinking how FREAKING AWESOME it'd be if they did a show/movie.

I don't care if it doesn't last, just one episode is awesome.

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY.

JJ24

Muckdog
Reaction score
It actually sounds like it could be a funny show. Ill for sure be tuning into the pilot

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
THANK GOD. I LOVE THE STUPID ASS COMMERCIALS.

I can not help but crack up every time that one comes on when they're at that party. And believe it or not, I was thinking how FREAKING AWESOME it'd be if they did a show/movie.

I don't care if it doesn't last, just one episode is awesome.

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY.

Hells yes. Anyone who disagrees with this man deserves ill fortune.

Juanky

I still think this should be an SNL type show where each of the commercials get their own short (five minute or so) adventures. Could even have some of the people interact, like the Real Men of Genius with "The Twins."

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
I love the one where the caveman is in the airport, nothing needs to be said there. Plus that song pwns.

Ashley

Muckdog
Reaction score
I love those commercials.
Who knows? It might actually work.

mr_eob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Interesting, I love those ads, I enjoy them better than the "we hired a celebrity to tell their stories" ones.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score
Interesting, I love those ads, I enjoy them better than the "we hired a celebrity to tell their stories" ones.
That doesnt even need to be said. The celebrity ones are awful, they arent sh*t compared to the Cavemen

Lee

Muckdog
Reaction score
Great idea, the cavemen are great.

I would have also watched "Tiny House" if that was a real show.

El Guapo

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yes....... i love those commercials......

So easy a caveman can do it........ Not Cool Man....... camera man walks away

Awesome.....

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
I love the one where the caveman is in the airport, nothing needs to be said there. Plus that song pwns.

Yeah that's my favorite of all the Caveman commercials (just slightly better than the roasted duck with mango sauce one).

I'm slightly skeptical but I would give it a shot I guess.

With all that said, does anyone else find it really weird/ghey that this all started out of a car insurance commercial and that the commercials have NOTHING to do with the product that is being advertised?

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
The newer commercials with the therapist are stupid.

How dare you? Leave this thread at once! :mad

Top Bottom