What's new

CF blurb from ESPN.com chat today

Reaction score
Ari (miami): Who starts in CF for the Marlins opening day?

SportsNation Gary Gillette: Ricky Otero.

SportsNation Gary Gillette: Sorry, couldn't resist that. I think Baldelli if both Florida and TB do what's best for both clubs.

I like the way Gilette thinks. In an earlier question he said the Rays are being a little rediculous with their demands for Baldelli and eventually they will have to lower their asking price.

Reaction score
While I agree that such a move would be best for both clubs, TB doesn't generally do what's best for themselves. They are what they are for a reason.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
do they have a log of the chat there? I would love to check it out.

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
ill pass on baldelli thanks...i prefer someone who wont spend half the year on the DL

Reaction score
do they have a log of the chat there? I would love to check it out.

They do, but it's an insider chat, which unfortunately I am not allowed to repost here.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
TB knows they have some attractive bats, but they've been so bad for so long for a reason... pitching wins games. They know they need to make a deal.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
im hoping that TB changes their mind and either Baldelli or Upton end up in teal soon.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
While I agree that such a move would be best for both clubs, TB doesn't generally do what's best for themselves. They are what they are for a reason.
Yep! :thumbup

Fallen Apple

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ari (miami): Who starts in CF for the Marlins opening day?

SportsNation Gary Gillette: Ricky Otero.

SportsNation Gary Gillette: Sorry, couldn't resist that. I think Baldelli if both Florida and TB do what's best for both clubs.

I like the way Gilette thinks. In an earlier question he said the Rays are being a little rediculous with their demands for Baldelli and eventually they will have to lower their asking price.
I know they will, everyone keeps mentioning that they wanted Olsen for Gathright but sooner or later he did get traded and the price was lowwered we just have to hold out a little longer. I just hope it doesnt take too long

japerez86

Muckdog
Reaction score
can I suggest that the main reason cf and bullpen appeared to be such glaring holes was the inconsitency with whom was out in cf and the bullpen? I think if we get a 250 hitter in centerfield and guys like hermida and jacobs improves and the team otherwise remains static from last season (also ignore horrible start)... the team is in the playoffs? I think the CF issue is being turned into such a gigantic dilemma because it is possibly the most glaring hole. (scratch possibly)

do we really need to be so overly concerned with the number eight hitter? Some better defense and average offensive numbers does the job in the eight hole. We cant expect to have the most dominant lineup and ridiculous production from our cfs because even better options dont look that great without having to throw numerous players at them in trades.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
why does the CF have to be the 8 hole hitter?

yandro

Muckdog
Reaction score
Exactly. What if Alex Sanchez wins the CF job in ST? The only way he would win it is if he's pretty healthy and still has good wheels, which most likely mean that he would lead off and Hanley will move lower in the order (3 or 5).

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would rather keep Hanley leadoff. We can add some speed to the bottom of the order. Maybe put Sanchez 7th and bat Olivo 8th.

I know this is too soon, but here is my lineup as of now (assuming Sanchez starts in CF, which I am not sold on yet):

1. Hanley
2. Uggla
3. Jacobs (or Miggy)
4. Miggy (or Jacobs)
5. Willy
6. Hermida
7. Sanchez
8. Olivo

Not sure whether to put Jacobs 3rd or fourth. With Miggy protecting him he can really get some good pitches to hit.

japerez86

Muckdog
Reaction score
Where do you project the magic centerfield option hitting?

are you expecting an amazing athlete to hit somewhere valuable and trump the other talented hitters? Has Hanley shown demonstrative power numbers? Projections are nice, but Hermida himself was projected to hit for power and now those claims are being removed and his valuable eye and obp are now his upside.

Top Bottom