What's new

CF Frontrunner

Reaction score
Who will win the job on opening day?

At this point it has to be Eric Reed don't you think?

Reaction score
Alex Sanchez is playing himself out of the job. Reed looks great. Ross looks horrible. Abercrombie is not any better than he was and Borchard can hit but isn't a CF.

I don't know why the Fish don't give Brett Carroll more PT in CF. Is he strictly a corner OF or can he play CF?

Carroll can hit....this spring he's 4-7, 2 doubles, 1 BB-0 Ks

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Carroll is very similar in play as Eric Byrnes..

he can handle CF but with his arm, he is a much better RF

Reaction score
Maybe the Marlins can trade for Chris Burke (CF) of the Astros because Hunter Pence, their top prospect looks like he's ready, batting .737 this spring!

Reaction score
It's frustrating seeing guys we tried to get over time or could have gotten, do well this spring......

Steve Finley .400

Darin Erstad .333

Willy Taveras .375

BJ Upton .250, 2 doubles, 3 SB

Reggie Willits .429

David Murphy .333

Josh Hamilton .478

Chris Young .313

Jacob Ellsbury .250, 2 SB

Felix Pie .391, 2 SB

Franklin Gutierrez .350

C.Maybin .444

Cory Rasmus .333

Joey Gathright .350

Admin Bigbie .391

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe the Marlins can trade for Chris Burke (CF) of the Astros because Hunter Pence, their top prospect looks like he's ready, batting .737 this spring!
from what I read, Pence still won't make the team out of ST

with Biggio quite possibly playing his last season, the last thing the Astros want to do is trade away their future 2b

Reaction score

with Biggio quite possibly playing his last season, the last thing the Astros want to do is trade away their future 2b

I agree, I doubt they would but every team has a price. I'm a big Burke fan because he's from the U. of Tennessee. Watched him play there a couple of times...

It's frustrating seeing guys we tried to get over time or could have gotten, do well this spring......

Steve Finley .400

Darin Erstad .333

Willy Taveras .375

Reggie Willits .429

David Murphy .333

Josh Hamilton .478

Chris Young .313

Felix Pie .391, 2 SB

Franklin Gutierrez .350

C.Maybin .444

Cory Rasmus .333

Joey Gathright .350

Admin Bigbie .391

How depressing is that?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
considering how well Borch and Reed are playing, not depressing at all

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me one bit what a guy does in spring training. I'll be frustrated if a player put up those kind of numbers in the regular season after 3 months. I put very, very little stock into spring training results. It's a time for pitchers to test out new pitches and for players to get in shape and get timing down.

I'd say in spring it's more important to look at conditioning than numbers.

Not depressing at all.

Reaction score

considering Borch is not a viable option in CF. Fredi stated very early this spring that Borch and Ross are nothing more than bench players.

Reed has hit everywhere....last spring training and every minor league season. He was like 4-40 last season but I think he can have a decent season in the .275 range.

Doesn't bother me one bit what a guy does in spring training. I'll be frustrated if a player put up those kind of numbers in the regular season after 3 months. I put very, very little stock into spring training results. It's a time for pitchers to test out new pitches and for players to get in shape and get timing down.

I'd say in spring it's more important to look at conditioning than numbers.

Not depressing at all.

that's true but all of those guys have more talent than our CFers....so ST, winter ball, regular season, etc....I don't it will matter. In the long run, we need a real starter.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score

I agree, I doubt they would but every team has a price. I'm a big Burke fan because he's from the U. of Tennessee. Watched him play there a couple of times...

Steve Finley .400

Darin Erstad .333

Willy Taveras .375

Reggie Willits .429

David Murphy .333

Josh Hamilton .478

Chris Young .313

Felix Pie .391, 2 SB

Franklin Gutierrez .350

C.Maybin .444

Cory Rasmus .333

Joey Gathright .350

Admin Bigbie .391

How depressing is that?
The only thing depressing here is having another useless thread like this.

Reaction score

Steve Finley .400

Darin Erstad .333

Willy Taveras .375

Reggie Willits .429

David Murphy .333

Josh Hamilton .478

Chris Young .313

Felix Pie .391, 2 SB

Franklin Gutierrez .350

C.Maybin .444

Cory Rasmus .333

Joey Gathright .350

Admin Bigbie .391

How depressing is that?
The only thing depressing here is having another useless thread like this.

Get used to it.....this team had 1 problem area in the offseason and did not address it. This isn't the last time we'll be talking about the CF problem.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
considering Borch is not a viable option in CF. Fredi stated very early this spring that Borch and Ross are nothing more than bench players.
keep saying that to yourself

Reaction score
Some of you place far too much stock on spring training stats. I find them to be rather useless.

Having said that, I still want Borchard/Amezaga/Ross out there.

Where's Eric Reed? He's hit over .300 everywhere!

ultimopain

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some of you place far too much stock on spring training stats. I find them to be rather useless.

Where's Eric Reed? He's hit over .300 everywhere except the major leagues!

Fixed.

What a pointless thread when we have 30959348956 others on it.

SHUfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score

Where's Eric Reed? He's hit over .300 everywhere except the major leagues!

Fixed.

What a pointless thread when we have 30959348956 others on it.
:lol :lol

canada-marlin24

Muckdog
Reaction score
ALEX SANCHEZZZZ!!!!!! AND IF NOT HIM THEN MAYBE DE AZA..reed sucks at hitting sanchez has speed is a .300 hitter and can bunt

Top Bottom