What's new

Chan ho Park... our reliever or closer?

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
This is Exclusive from South Korea.

Today, I heard a news from Park's private website.

He said he fired his agent Scott Boras.

I think he didn't concern about the FA contract money.
So I wish Marlins take him 1 year for a reliever or a starter(swap the role Nolasco)

Like Brian Moehler,
How about that?

(Sorry for my bad English)

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we actually have a chance now that Boras is out the door.

Reaction score
this is a rumor started by someone on the website. were not going after chan ho park. hes gunna cost more than a million, and the organization isnt interested in someone over a million dollars. hes probablly going to go to the teams that lost out on tomo ohka, jeff weaver...etc...

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
No
Why are we against this again?

I see it as a low cost-high reward type signing. I don't expect him to command much salary. Having him and Mitre be the 5th SP and moving Nolasco to the pen, or having him be in the mix for the bullpen versus Messenger, or Field, or Koplove? What's the big negative. It's not like a 1.39 whip is good, but he could make a good Borowski impersonation and he has a little more upside. You have to like/trust him more then Messenger, Lindstrom/kids, and the pile of scrapheap FA relief pitchers we brought in? Cause chances are, at least 2 of that group makes the 25 man.

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am totally for it, he is out to prove himself on a one year deal!

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Having him as a closer type thing might work out, otherwise we know he can start.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
No

I see it as a low cost-high reward type signing. I don't expect him to command much salary. Having him and Mitre be the 5th SP and moving Nolasco to the pen, or having him be in the mix for the bullpen versus Messenger, or Field, or Koplove? What's the big negative. It's not like a 1.39 whip is good, but he could make a good Borowski impersonation and he has a little more upside. You have to like/trust him more then Messenger, Lindstrom/kids, and the pile of scrapheap FA relief pitchers we brought in? Cause chances are, at least 2 of that group makes the 25 man.

It seems most people are for it, just not him.
It all comes down to salary. If he is going to be cheap, then why not bring him in and see what he can do.

champkind

Muckdog
Reaction score
Now I'm never one to defend Scott Boras...

But after the ass raping contract Chan Ho got from Texas he should be building a monument of Boras in Korea. Show some loyalty to the guy who got you an extra 25 million.

Don't understand how anyone sees him as a closer candidate. I guess as a vet. minimum 5th starter/long reliever we could do alot worse. I guess it all depends on whether the FO is serious about giving Nolasco looks as the closer.

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am totally for it, he is out to prove himself on a one year deal!

I think so.... :thumbup

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
No

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think he should be our fifth starter.
No. ERA was near 5 last year when he started for the Padres.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Moehler had a 6.5 era, park had a 4.81 era. You can never have enough pitching, so if the price is right I would bring im in. He made 14 million last year and it doesnt seem many teams are going after him. I think he cares more about playing than money right now.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Moehler had a 6.5 era, park had a 4.81 era. You can never have enough pitching, so if the price is right I would bring im in. He made 14 million last year and it doesnt seem many teams are going after him. I think he cares more about playing than money right now.
As a reliever? Yes. Starter? No.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
As a reliever? Yes. Starter? No.

I have no problem with him as a reliever/spot starter.

EricWiener

Muckdog
Reaction score
No

Because he's not good and hasn't been for years?
Because he's 34 and no likely to get better?
Because I don't want to see him drop kick anybody?

SHUfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Because I don't want to see him drop kick anybody?
I don't know if it's just me but I think you're in the majority on that one :lol :lol

Top Bottom