What's new

Chen designated for assignment

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Chen. Btw Jeter just throw away 22M for nothing? Is that true?

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
We-Win When?! MUCH SOONER!

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Damn Mish. Can’t you let people celebrate for an hour before reminding us that he’s a human being with a heart and soul?

seriously though Mish states the obvious. The guy never appeared to do anything but try his best. It’s not his fault the previous regime paid him Too much. Although it is his fault for not getting that surgery sooner

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
I mean it's not like he can't sign with another team for league minimum. He is still getting paid too.
Yep and decent chance some team offers him a job since it'll be basically free outside of min salary.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Also as I stated on a previous thread, Chen is technically still owed $33 M because of deferred money.

EricOwens!

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think they literally lit fire to it, because then they'd still have to give $22 million to Chen. Would be a complete waste of $44 million then, Craig.
Yeah it's a good move, but they didnt burn 22 mil. That was a sunk cost. The only decision they had to make was whether Chen's value this year is greater than the 41st man's excess value over his first 6 years. If the prospect has any potential (idk who it is) than it's an clear choice imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom