What's new

Chime in with your best baseball card:

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
For those of you that collect baseball cards (or did at one time), what's your most valuable card? Or do you have any favorites stashed away?

I haven't bought cards for years, but I do have a couple decent ones....nothing real old though. (all Topps)

Cal Ripkin Jr rookie
Rickey Henderson rookie
Barry Bonds rookie

my favorite is a Danny Ainge (yes the basketball player) card from the Royals.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
this is my favorite series of cards all time...

I need to go back and look over my collection and see what I have....havent looked at them in years now....

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mine has to be...Randy Johnson rookie...also Manny Ramirez rookie and prospect

chefbob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Das-

Its funny, I don't think that Canseco card is worth anywhere near what it once was. I had that one and the McGwire of that year. Topps made too many to be worth much.

My favorite cards are all of Cal Ripken, I have collected his for years. But the oldest and possibly best is my 1969 Tom Seaver. I bought it for $8.00 like 15 years ago.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
the canseco card was merely an example for illustration purposes of my all time favorite series....

that card was simply the first i came upon doing a google search.

i have some fairly valuable cards....but i couldnt tell you which they are off the top of my head right now...

of course that was back when a pack of cards was reasonable and fun to collect....

chefbob

Muckdog
Reaction score
I knew what you meant.....That particular card just brought back memories of lost riches.

I agree with you too about the price of cards. Back then it wasn't so cluttered with so many types either. I remember Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score, Sportsflix and Bowman(just started gaining popularity again). You had your glossy, Traded & Updated Series, Rookie Sets, etc. but to me it was all easy to understand, now, I haven't a clue.

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
No, this is in no way a favorite. When I saw this topic I looked at a box that we recently found in the closet. Just interesting that this was one of the first cards I grabbed out of the box

later........

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
And the ever loved '74 cards when they couldn't decide where the Padres were going to play that year.

later.......

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
The one that I have that is going to be worth a sh** load, is my Topps A-rod rookie which was the most valuable of The Series when it came out.

I have tons of rookies that are stars now... They are a dime a dozen because most of them will get more because their vintage then their name down The Road.

My most valuable now is my Topps 1956 Willie Mays and The Topps 1967 Hammerin Hank.

My faviorate's probably are my Shef with braces, My Foxx card, My Mike Schimdt but is as rare as a Juan Gonzalez card and of course My Kruk collection. Plus my Lieby's, Wolfies, Jrolls and Ledee's Phillies card(My faviorate Phillies)

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
This was really my first set I started collecting.....

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I loved The Diamond Kinds series but I have crap in that part. I'm a fan of The painted cards which they should bring back!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
they should start producing cards that a kid could afford again.

chefbob

Muckdog
Reaction score
I had...yes had all of those from Donruss too. Now you guys are gonna make me dig through my stuff to see what I have! My scanner is busted though, so I can't post them anyway. I also have a lot of minor league cards..including Bernie Williams Columbus Clippers Card and Tom Glavine Richmond Braves. I wonder who else I have.

Gator-

I have a friend in Tampa that had a Tampa Bay Giants t-shirt from when the Giants were going to move there in like 1992. He tossed or sold it, but its cool to have stuff like that.

You guys ever wonder how the winning team of a championship game always have shirts and hats showing their victory right after the game? I learned awhile back that sets are made for each team and the team that loses gives the false shirts to charity. I actually saw someone wearing a NY Giants Super Bowl Champion shirt around Tampa when Baltimore won.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
  • Mark McGwire RC
  • Greg Maddux RC
  • Barry Bonds RC
  • Miguel Tejada RC
  • Eric Chavez RC
I'll have to check my collection to see if I got more :mischief2

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Personally I think rookie cards are overrated. Sure they are worth a sh*t load of money but it's nothing like opening a pack and you discovered a card of your faviorate player that has already arrived.

I remember being 5 and opening a pack and getting a Kruk and then being young freaked out like I found The Holy Grail.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
funny thing is.. before Barry Bonds 73 HR season.. every pack I opened, there was a BB card in there.. now.. after that.. no Barry Bonds... I once open a Leaf pack about 4-5 years ago and got an $80 card by Barry.. also Bonds' cards were the cheapest in the "superstar" category at that time..

Latest posts

Top Bottom