What's new

Chipper Jones rips interleague play

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
i'm so proud of chipper right now....he said something i've said for years, that interleague needs to be fixed, and the current system is broken with an unbalanced schedule in interleague. i think there needs a system similar to the nfl put in place, where every team in the nl east for example, would play every team in the al central for one series or a home and home series, then switch divisions to a way that every three years, all of the al teams would have been in each nl stadium once and only once.

I don't think there's any question it's not fair, but I don't think major league baseball is concerned with fair. If you play the top teams in the American League and everybody else doesn't, it's pretty unfair.

Is it fun? Yeah. It's fun playing in new cities. It's fun playing in front of new crowds, it's fun playing new teams. What's not fun is when they're all contenders and your competition doesn't have to play the same competition you do.

It's a factor (in the pennant race). We play Boston six times, and they've got the best record in the American League. We play the top three teams in the toughest division in baseball (the AL Central). We, without a doubt, have the toughest schedule in baseball, bar none. You don't play in our division and play the interleague schedule we play and not say we don't have the toughest schedule.

If we're going to play the American League Central, everybody has to play all the teams in the American League Central. This split-it-up and we have to play our rival in the American League East stuff, I don't get it. It's unfair for us and the Mets on a year-in, year-out basis to have to play the Yankees and Red Sox when other teams don't. This is no disrespect to the rest of the teams in the American League East, because Tampa is up and coming, and in two or three years, Tampa might be the class of the American League East and the Florida Marlins are going to have to deal with it. We should do it the way we did it the first five or six years of interleague play, and that's play every team in the American League East, every team in West and so on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
You have a job because of the fans.

Suck it up.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tell Chipper to win something first...
*Points at Philladelphia fan and laughs*

FishFanInPA

*Points back at NIU fan and laughs*

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
*points at multiple pro team fan and laughs*

IBTL

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score

*Points back at NIU fan and laughs*
Oh sh*t.

Well done.

JJ24

Muckdog
Reaction score
Off topic but Damn! that guy in FishfaninPa's avatar gets jacked up.

Top Bottom