Chris Dunn (FIU) signs with Fish

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dunn Signs Free Agent Contract With Florida Marlins Courtesy: FIUSports.com
Release: 05/31/2007

http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;ATCLID=920028

link = ''; Courtesy: Samuel Lewis

Chris Dunn shined in 2007 despite having to fight through injury. MIAMI (www.fiusports.com) ? Former Florida International University center fielder Chris Dunn signed a free agent contract with the Florida Marlins last week. Dunn optioned to forego the Major League Baseball Draft as a fifth-year senior in 2007 and has yet to be assigned.

The Parker, Colo. native led the team and set career highs in several categories, despite missing nearly 20 starts due to injury. Dunn batted .394 with six home runs and 32 RBI, and led the team with 55 runs scored, 17 stolen bases, a .619 slugging percentage and a .478 on-base percentage.

A preseason All-Sun Belt selection, Dunn did not garner postseason conference honors, most likely because of the games he missed. But he finished the season hitting .411 with five home runs and a .689 slugging percentage in 21 conference games to lead the team.

In addition to his success on the field, Dunn also graduated with a degree in business administration and was a member of the 2006 Sun Belt Academic Honor Roll four times in his academic career. Prior to coming to FIU in the fall of 2004, Dunn was a NJCAA Academic All-American at Central Arizona College.

A 2007 Lowe's Senior CLASS Award candidate, Dunn earned Second Team All-SBC honors in 2006 and was a 2007 preseason All-SBC pick.

Here are some pictures that we have taken of him at games. He's a good kid. I hope he makes it in the bigs.

Also, watch for Luis Bautista. His brother plays for Pittsburgh, Jose Bautista. He's a beast.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
this move makes me super excited...this guy has a plus arm (he was hurt most of the year) and a plus bat for a leadoff guy...really good speed....nice pick up for the Fish

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
To make it clear, this was a free agent signing. Not a draft pick.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
To make it clear, this was a free agent signing. Not a draft pick.

correct...being a 5th year senior, he can skip the draft and sign a free-agent deal

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thats a good signing. I'd love to see a Panther make it with the Fish.

yandro

Muckdog
Reaction score
There's already been one....a guy by the name of Mike Lowell

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey I love the move! Hey it's a CF we signed. I wish we draft 4 or 5 more...plus he is a fellow alumni. Go Panthers. When I started at FIU we were Sunblazers

Guessing he gets assigned to the GCL? If it said where he is headed I apologize.

We do have some depth at CF in the minors...I dont know how good this kid is, but Hickman is supposed to be pretty good, Cousins has power just needs to get his bat going, and Raynor had a successful first year and is having a good 2nd year so far.

Good to see.

ultimopain

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guessing he gets assigned to the GCL? If it said where he is headed I apologize.

We do have some depth at CF in the minors...I dont know how good this kid is, but Hickman is supposed to be pretty good, Cousins has power just needs to get his bat going, and Raynor had a successful first year and is having a good 2nd year so far.

Good to see.

If only these guys were just a year or two more advanced.

Well, college players can advance quickly. Not saying they will, but can.

All depends on A)their approach to the game and B)how the transition from metal to wood.

Top Bottom