What's new

Clemens Hall of Fame cap

marlins02

I was inspired by a thread yesterday when this topic came up and i thought a poll should be done. I say RedSox because thats where he made his name and put up his numbers.

I included the BlueJays because i thought it would be fair since he played there. I dont want to be like the crazy general from Mexico who only gave his choice or choices in another poll.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
My feeling is that you should honor the wishes of the player. If Roger wants to go to the HOF as a Yankee, he should go as a Yankee.

He has great disdain for the Red Sox organization - for whatever reasons he may have. It would be an insult to him to put him in as the member of a team he dislikes so greatly.

Also, you can argue that the Rocket has done as much for his career in pin stripes as he did in Boston - and maybe a little more.

He has 11 Full seasons in Boston, 2 in Toronto, 5 in NY - Bos.
He has an MVP award in Boston - Bos.
He has a Cy in all three cities mentioned - wash.
He is a 20 game winner in all three cities - wash.
He has 8 of his 9 post season wins in NY - NY.
He has 2 WS rings in NY 0 in Boston - NY.
He won his 300th game in NY - NY.
He passed the big names on the K list in NY - NY.
He wants to go in as a Yankee - NY.
He was abandoned by Boston, signed by Toronto, wooed by NY - NY.

As usual, Boston comes up JUST a bit short.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
And Clemens achieved the majority of his stats in Boston.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's bull to say That he should be able to choose who he wants simply on the fact that...

What if Wade Bogg's wanted to go in as A D Ray?

Barry Bond's as A Pirate?

Crime Dog as A Cub?

Pedro as A Dodger?

Rickey as A Padre?

Hell No, He became A HOF, in Boston and should stay like that.

marlins02

i believe Boggs wanted to go in as a D-Ray when he signed with them because they are his home town team. thats part of the reason why the rule was changed. Did anyone hear Clemens say he would boycott his induction ceremony if he went in with the BoSox cap. my response to that is go ahead boycott, like Mike Wilbon said on PTI today, the game is bigger than Clemens.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
My feeling is that you should honor the wishes of the player. If Roger wants to go to the HOF as a Yankee, he should go as a Yankee.

He has great disdain for the Red Sox organization - for whatever reasons he may have. It would be an insult to him to put him in as the member of a team he dislikes so greatly.

Also, you can argue that the Rocket has done as much for his career in pin stripes as he did in Boston - and maybe a little more.

He has 11 Full seasons in Boston, 2 in Toronto, 5 in NY - Bos.
He has an MVP award in Boston - Bos.
He has a Cy in all three cities mentioned - wash.
He is a 20 game winner in all three cities - wash.
He has 8 of his 9 post season wins in NY - NY.
He has 2 WS rings in NY 0 in Boston - NY.
He won his 300th game in NY - NY.
He passed the big names on the K list in NY - NY.
He wants to go in as a Yankee - NY.
He was abandoned by Boston, signed by Toronto, wooed by NY - NY.

As usual, Boston comes up JUST a bit short.
Ok...

Henderson broke his last record as A Padre, should he go in as A Padre? No where he get's the record means nothing. It's how he get's their not when he does it. He got their as A Sox plain and simple...

Also where did he get his Single Game K Phenoms?

Where did he make his name?

Was he upset with The Sox his entire career if you remember it was Dan Duqette whp spurned him so don't make The Sox look like An Evil Empire here because we know who that belongs to. Of course their not an empire any more.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Wilbon is exactly correct.

Any player is not bigger than the game itself.

Dave Winfield going in as a Padre was total horseshit.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I gotta say the Yankees. There is where he started becoming the pitcher that he is now today...In an Inerview today he said he definetly needed to go in the HOF as a yankee, i gotta agree with him.

marlins02

the pitcher he is today? he won three CY Youngs and had two 20 strike out games in Boston.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I gotta say the Yankees. There is where he started becoming the pitcher that he is now today...In an Inerview today he said he definetly needed to go in the HOF as a yankee, i gotta agree with him.
That is nonsense!?

A.J. ask 20 baseball experts, I guarantee at least 12 say Boston if you were to ask this question. His prime was with The Sox just because you were not alive does not mean it did not happen.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope Clemens goes in as a Red Sock just for the fact that he is such an as*hole a lot of times. And also cuz he's a Yankee.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope Clemens goes in as a Red Sock just for the fact that he is such an as*hole a lot of times. And also cuz he's a Yankee.
you read my mind Phlub :mischief2

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man they guy is a yankee. He considers himself a yankee and so does everyone else. The Redsox gave up on him and hate the guy he should not going in with Boston's cap.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well what can I say DTear, I try. I am the worlds #1 Yankee hater! My Twins are on a 21 game losing streak against the Yanks. I hated the Yanks before that too anyways.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man they guy is a yankee. He considers himself a yankee and so does everyone else. The Redsox gave up on him and hate the guy he should not going in with Boston's cap.
Well The A's have shunned Rickey so should he go in with another Team?

No so don't tell me that...

The HOF is an honor if Clemens does not want to go what's stopping him? The HOF is The Mecca of Baseball a place every fan must go and everyfan that actually knows the game wants to see him as A Sox.

He got his wins, K's and everything else in bulk with The Sox.

He's A Red Sox and just because you didn't follow baseball when he was A Sox does not mean s***! He is the most recognizable sox since Yaz(more so) and Teddy Ball Game.

I have to think he will go in as a member of the Sox. He has some great history in New York but the majority of his career is in Boston.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
A.J. ask 20 baseball experts, I guarantee at least 12 say Boston if you were to ask this question. His prime was with The Sox just because you were not alive does not mean it did not happen.
Yea but he has 5 WS Rings with the Yanks and Boston Gave up on him...Roger wont go in as a Red Sox with them giving up on him...

Top Bottom