What's new

Clevelander removed from Marlins Park

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Cheap Jeter couldn't pay for chlorine for the pool so frogs started living in there and then Scared Jeter was too afraid of the frogs to clean out the pool so he just said tear it all down and Dumb Jeter tried to light the pool on fire but forgot that it had water so the fire didn't do anything and then Cheap Jeter just said Cleveland is in Indiana anyway why do we have it in Miami let's go back to Michigan and keep the Clevelander there in Iowa.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I actually don't have a problem with this. As cool as having a pool in the park is, the reality is it won't ever be used. Nobody wants to go in a pool at a game.

I'd like to see the area opened to everyone during the game - you could still have the seats that require tickets, but let people walk down there and hang out and see the game from a different perspective in a standing area behind the seats. Actually - better yet, open those stairs that connect from the promenade to it, and let people go down directly instead of the indirect route you have to take right now after games (down escalators and through hallways).

I wonder if they'll still have unique concession items there? Another "real" bar option would be nice too - I know they have that one in the outfield, but more options are always good.

Call it the "[insert sponsor here] Field Level Zone" or something to that effect.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
I actually don't have a problem with this. As cool as having a pool in the park is, the reality is it won't ever be used. Nobody wants to go in a pool at a game.

I'd like to see the area opened to everyone during the game - you could still have the seats that require tickets, but let people walk down there and hang out and see the game from a different perspective in a standing area behind the seats. Actually - better yet, open those stairs that connect from the promenade to it, and let people go down directly instead of the indirect route you have to take right now after games (down escalators and through hallways).

I wonder if they'll still have unique concession items there? Another "real" bar option would be nice too - I know they have that one in the outfield, but more options are always good.

Call it the "[insert sponsor here] Field Level Zone" or something to that effect.
Badia Spices Field Level Zone!
Publix Chicken Tenders Sub Field Level Zone!
Cawy Watermelon Soda Field Level Zone!
Yambo Field Level Zone!
Casola's Field Level Zone!
Steve's Pizza Field Level Zone!
Armando Perez Field Level Zone!
Maurice Samuel Young Field Level Zone!
Sazon Goya Field Level Zone!
Inca Cola Field Level Zone!

Last edited:

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Will a replacement be in place for this season or is this gonna be another closed off area for now?

Reaction score
Fer folks with kids, I suspect this is a big development. I've been to the park frequently, but never trod into the dark thrumming cave under the left field bleachers because there's usually a toddler or two connected to my hand. Maybe it was fine family fun under there, but because I had to take a circuitous route and didn't have a guarantee I'd get in with the little ones, was never worth the effort.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Will a replacement be in place for this season or is this gonna be another closed off area for now?
Good question - with opening day just 20 days away, I don't know. Guess it depends on the amount of change they're going for. Signage is easy to take down. Filling in the pool? I guess maybe it wouldn't take too long? Just throw dirt in it and pour some concrete over? and whatever decorative tiles on top? The question is whether they're planning on making more changes like taking out/reconfiguring the bar or seating or something like that.

Plus, they may have already started work on it and only now announced it?

Fer folks with kids, I suspect this is a big development. I've been to the park frequently, but never trod into the dark thrumming cave under the left field bleachers because there's usually a toddler or two connected to my hand. Maybe it was fine family fun under there, but because I had to take a circuitous route and didn't have a guarantee I'd get in with the little ones, was never worth the effort.
They haven't said what it'll be, though.

I think during games you had to have a ticket to go down there (at least that was the impression I got, I never tried to go there during a game). And after, you were lead through a circuitous route as you said - and it was a nightclub at that point. That's why I think they ought to open up the stairs and let people walk down there if they want.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score

Top Bottom