What's new

Cliff, we don't need your pity

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I for one have had it up to here with Cliff bad-mouthing the team and the owners and his crocodile tears, pitying us fans. I could puke.

For the record, Cliffie hit all of .214 in this series. Pathetic is what I call it. Hardly worth $6.5 million a year. I think its just fabulous the Mets are stuck with him for the next four years. You and Mo Vaughn are going to cost the Mets a winning season for years to come.

He and his agent tried to pressure the Marlins into paying him $10+ million a year by employing all his media buddies but the FO saw right through it and shipped his butt outta here. He never did a thing to bring us at least a winning season

Cliff, I used to cheer your every hit, I respected you until you started with this "pity" routine. You are belittling yourself.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Floyd is a cancer wherever he is....so sad.
Good thing we dealt him- what a loser! Not grateful or loyal to anyone.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Same here. I thought he had class, but then he gets traded and he just starts bad mouthing the team. I guess he knew he chance of getting 10 million were gone or something.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think he's quite that bad....but for god sakes show a little maturity Cliff. Sounds like a whining child who has to have the last word.

You are belittling yourself.
exactly

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think he's quite that bad....but for god sakes show a little maturity Cliff. Sounds like a whining child who has to have the last word.

You are belittling yourself.
exactly i used to love the guy.... until he opened his pie hole... wow...

grow up Cliff

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
He is just having a bad year. He is worth 6.5 Million just he is in a major Slump. He will get out of it.Thats what he gets for being Immature....

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was in the front row directly behind the Mets dugout tonight, and I have to give some credit to Cliffy. He was the only player that gave any somewhat acknowledgment that a fan was talking to him...

Whenever he came back int the dugout from the field, I would say something to him, and everytime he looked-up at me and noded. I said, "Cliffy, looks like your best friend (Lowell) just hit a HR to put us up... So now it's ok if you do it too..." He smiled, looked-up, noded, and went in the dugout...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea Cliff is a good guy he just is Mad that we traded him. He loves the Fans bt hates th Front office.

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea Cliff is a good guy he just is Mad that we traded him. He loves the Fans bt hates th Front office.
he does? thats why the 4 games he signed like autographs during batting practice, but never signed again.

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
awwwwwww i use to love this guy, he is just upset what we did to him... i dont blame him, i just remember the good times he gave us last year. the man was a hitting machine batting 300 he was an ALL star, my heart broke last summer when we gave him away for nothing and thats when i got mad didnt attend another marlins game after they gave up demp and floyd i was like damn they gave up on us the fans.....

even D.Lee wantted out it was a bad time..

now he is back and he does sux this year but its like putting on a Bungl uniform you could be Brett Farve and put on a Bungul uniform and its like this 50 pounds are on ya... thats what happens when you put on a mut uniform lol

I missed em, but not anymore.....

but i really Miss Preston Wilson " damn he is tearing it up"

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
I for one have had it up to here with Cliff bad-mouthing the team and the owners and his crocodile tears, pitying us fans. I could puke.

For the record, Cliffie hit all of .214 in this series. Pathetic is what I call it. Hardly worth $6.5 million a year. I think its just fabulous the Mets are stuck with him for the next four years. You and Mo Vaughn are going to cost the Mets a winning season for years to come.

He and his agent tried to pressure the Marlins into paying him $10+ million a year by employing all his media buddies but the FO saw right through it and shipped his butt outta here. He never did a thing to bring us at least a winning season

Cliff, I used to cheer your every hit, I respected you until you started with this "pity" routine. You are belittling yourself.
hes just bitter and jealous... Im glad he left, we seemed to trade him at the RIGHT time lol, right when he peaked

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
awwwwwww i use to love this guy, he is just upset what we did to him... i dont blame him, i just remember the good times he gave us last year. the man was a hitting machine batting 300 he was an ALL star, my heart broke last summer when we gave him away for nothing and thats when i got mad didnt attend another marlins game after they gave up demp and floyd i was like damn they gave up on us the fans.....

now he is back and he does sux this year but its like putting on a Bungl uniform you could be Brett Farve and put on a Bungul uniform and its like this 50 pounds are on ya... thats what happens when you put on a mut uniform lol

If PPS was coors, then Id be missing wilson. I bet hed have less than 7 HRs and 25 RBI hovering around .244 with 10 sbs ( like the sbs make up for the sorryness) if he was still here! not to mention CJ... dont even go there

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score

sorry, what did the marlins do? make his career, we made him what he is, he wouldve never been able to steal that many bases anywhere, now after his contract he blew his leg, i wonder why? maybe hes a lazy money carl everett, greg vaugh

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score

sorry, what did the marlins do? make his career, we made him what he is, he wouldve never been able to steal that many bases anywhere, now after his contract he blew his leg, i wonder why? maybe hes a lazy money carl everett, greg vaugh Carl Everett is hilarious.. the guy does the least amount of anything he can possibly do just to get 400 ABs and then when hes on the brink of becomming a FA, his stats soar! check out the last time he was going to become a FA. What a bum... gotta admire his conning skills though. same with vaughn, im surprised he isnt playing golf though.. i guess he feels like hes robbing the d. rays if he retires ..

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea :rolleyes:

Pavano, Encarnacion, Snare(i bet you have no clue who he is), Wayne...

yea we got nothing for him

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wayne....haha

Cliff Floyd is probably my favorite Marlin...I dont care what he says. I loved him as a Marlin, and hope one day he'll come back (much cheaper). And to his defense...doesnt everyone suck when they put on a Mets jersey (minus Piazza)? Mo? Burnitz? Floyd? Ordonez (look what he's doin in TB now)?

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wayne....haha

Cliff Floyd is probably my favorite Marlin...I dont care what he says. I loved him as a Marlin, and hope one day he'll come back (much cheaper). And to his defense...doesnt everyone suck when they put on a Mets jersey (minus Piazza)? Mo? Burnitz? Floyd? Ordonez (look what he's doin in TB now)?
do you know what most of those players you named have in common, a great pay multiyear contract

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
If PPS was coors, then Id be missing wilson. I bet hed have less than 7 HRs and 25 RBI hovering around .244 with 10 sbs ( like the sbs make up for the sorryness) if he was still here!
Ummm, wrong. Take a look at Wilson's home/away offensive splits before you open your yap. His production is nearly equal on the raod as it is at home. The fact that P-Dub got over his personal issues and is playing like an all star somewhere else is just one of those things you have to grin and bear.

And to his defense...doesnt everyone suck when they put on a Mets jersey (minus Piazza)

Ummm, Piazza sucks at C. That's why they wanna move him to 1B every season. Your grandmother could steal on him, one of the worst cuaght stealing percentages EVER. If he were playing the last 4 games against the fish we would of sole 20 bases. Didn't we steal 7 or 8 in one game last time we played and Piazza was in the Lineup?

Top Bottom