What's new

Close call on Lowell?

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Like I said yesterday the one team that scared me with Lowell being traded was the Yankees because they'll overpay to get a player. Word late yesterday afternoon was the Rockies, Yankees and Marlins had work out a three-way deal to get Lowell to Colorado not NY. The Rockies in the end killed the deal, its lead to believe that Walker( the player going to NY) killed the deal. The Marlins would have gotten Nick Johnson and a pitcher. Johnson would have replace Cabrera in LF and Cabrera moving to 3B.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nick Johnson can play OF? I didn't think he was that versitle...

But Nick Johnson and a pitcher? Johnson is a very good hitter, but that's it?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Farmer Fran and I would like to remind everyone that the email campaign to get the fish on tv throughout florida continues. if you have a tv station or cable company you would like to target in this campaign, please let us know. If you live in the state of florida and are outside the tampa bay tv market, we can help you. for more info, please click the link in my signature or in farmer fran's signature.

KEEP THOSE EMAILS COMING! THANK YOU :)

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
WTF!, we are barely behind the rockies, we should not even be considering trading him till we see where we are at after the ASB, its not like his value will go down, he is on a hot streak now

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
its not like his value will go down, he is on a hot streak now
His value can get even higher if he plays in the HR derby...

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
That sounds about right. You have to realize that the Marlins have very little leverage when trading Lowell. It's not a secret that they CAN'T keep him, so teams are not going to (or have to) sell their soul to get him.
I've said it before, and yet again here it comes.... The Yankees are the team with the right of first refusal on Lowell, they have too much money. As soon as they address their OF and pitching issues (Benson/Giles?) they'll be on the scent for Mikey.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guys, be careful with what you read. The Tirbune Company (which owns the Cubs) owns many newspapers such as the Chicago Tribune, South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Orlando Sentinel, New York Daily News, Los Angeles Times, and many others. For more info on the company visit http://www.TRB.com

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's not a secret that they CAN'T keep him, so teams are not going to (or have to) sell their soul to get him.

yeah but there is still competition between teams trying to get lowell, that is leverage the marlins can use, teams will want to beat eachother out for him

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
shot down by Rockies General Manager Dan O'Dowd, who told the Denver Post Wednesday he has no plans to trade Walker
Yea right. With the season Walker is having compared to Lowell, I bet the Marlins or Yanks declined it, so he made it sound like he did.

If he would rather have Admin than Mike he can have him!

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's not a secret that they CAN'T keep him, so teams are not going to (or have to) sell their soul to get him.

yeah but there is still competition between teams trying to get lowell, that is leverage the marlins can use, teams will want to beat eachother out for him true, but the starting price is way lower than say, if the Marlins weren't convinced that they should trade him.

Either way, you can kiss all his postive publicity about the Marlins goodbye as soon as the ink dries on Beinfest's signature, whenever that is.

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
whats up with this anyways, why are we trying to shop him instead shop castillo and lee, penny if need be, i would miss those guys but ANYTHING to keep lowell, hell, put cabs at first :)

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

yeah but there is still competition between teams trying to get lowell, that is leverage the marlins can use, teams will want to beat eachother out for him They all may know that Lowell is on the market (I don't think he's going!) but they all know they are in a big bidding war against each other. The Cubs will call Bienfest and make him an offer, than maybe he tells the Yanks an exagerated offer from the Cubs, so they make a better offer, and around goes the merry go round...

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
guys, can we keep lowell if we dump luis and lee and penny, is that possible????

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's most definately possible. You don't even have to lsoe Penny...

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
thenl lowell shouldnt even be on the market, the FO will really screw up if they let him go, cabs or no cabs

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's most definately possible. You don't even have to lsoe Penny...
Lose Penny, Lee, Castillo, and H-Worthless and keep Lowell... but this is a sign from the FO that they'll screw it up again...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nick Johnson has major wrist problems..... yuck

actually heard this rumor on wqam last night

Top Bottom