What's new

COD Modern Warfare

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I wanna say the game is geared towards kids and that's why you guys didn't like it but the amount of adults who are addicted to it makes me think I might be wrong.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
I wanna say the game is geared towards kids and that's why you guys didn't like it but the amount of adults who are addicted to it makes me think I might be wrong.
I'm like @rmc523 probably, I sucked at it so I didn't like it. It is possible I would have liked it more if I didn't get my ass handed to me every time I tried.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I'm like @rmc523 probably, I sucked at it so I didn't like it. It is possible I would have liked it more if I didn't get my ass handed to me every time I tried.
My younger brother plays it with his friends and is much better than I am at it. His theory with why he does ok and why I suck at it is that I started playing well after it first came out, whereas he played it pretty early on. And since he played it early on, he learned how to "get good" at it while everyone was learning how to do that too - in other words, when everyone was roughly on the same "level" of play/skill/ability. Fast forward to months or whatever later when I tried to play - I have no idea what I'm doing, playing against others that have played for months and know exactly what to do, where things are, how to build, etc. And since I keep dying right away all the time, I'm not encouraged to put more effort into it to get better.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
My younger brother plays it with his friends and is much better than I am at it. His theory with why he does ok and why I suck at it is that I started playing well after it first came out, whereas he played it pretty early on. And since he played it early on, he learned how to "get good" at it while everyone was learning how to do that too - in other words, when everyone was roughly on the same "level" of play/skill/ability. Fast forward to months or whatever later when I tried to play - I have no idea what I'm doing, playing against others that have played for months and know exactly what to do, where things are, how to build, etc. And since I keep dying right away all the time, I'm not encouraged to put more effort into it to get better.
He sounds right. You have to get into a game like that early or you'll have a really hard time learning things and improving unless it becomes a job.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
I take it back, I bought it again during the Black Friday sales and now I enjoy the game. They fixed a lot of problems with it during that month or so.

Is your son back into it at all @SilverBullet ?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I take it back, I bought it again during the Black Friday sales and now I enjoy the game. They fixed a lot of problems with it during that month or so.

Is your son back into it at all @SilverBullet ?
Same deal, plays a few matches here and there but I've yet to see him stick to it.

Those playstation store Black Friday sales are so good. Around half off for so many games including new titles. That's what Black Friday is supposed to be. I feel like so much of Black Friday isn't even that good of a deal anymore and or it's deals you can get many times throughout the year anyways so it loses its original purpose.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Same deal, plays a few matches here and there but I've yet to see him stick to it.

Those playstation store Black Friday sales are so good. Around half off for so many games including new titles. That's what Black Friday is supposed to be. I feel like so much of Black Friday isn't even that good of a deal anymore and or it's deals you can get many times throughout the year anyways so it loses its original purpose.
At most retail stores nowadays, you'll basically see this happen:

Every day price - $495
Black Friday - $650 $495

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I didn't think to look at games on Black Friday.

I've been playing COD recently and have been having fun with it. My brother and I figured out how to game share it to where we both wouldn't have to buy it to play.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
I've been playing COD recently and have been having fun with it. My brother and I figured out how to game share it to where we both wouldn't have to buy it to play.
Modern Warfare?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
didn't think to look at games on Black Friday.
Saw today that playstation store is having a Holiday sale and its like the black Friday sale with significant discounts including on new games, around 50% off, some more and some less. And it's going on now. Thought to give people here a heads up.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Saw today that playstation store is having a Holiday sale and its like the black Friday sale with significant discounts including on new games, around 50% off, some more and some less. And it's going on now. Thought to give people here a heads up.
Damnit, Modern Warfare went down another 10 bucks! Oh well.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
They released a free to play battle royale today and it is really good. Anyone playing it?

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
They released a free to play battle royale today and it is really good. Anyone playing it?
I was going to last night but the update took 6 hours lol, and I had to sleep by the time it was done. I'll probably try it out this evening.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I tried it last night. I didn't like it. That's exactly what I said - it's basically Fornite.

And if you die in the main game, you get thrown into a 1 on 1 gun game, and if you die there, you just sit there doing nothing while your teammates play.

You're also limited to 3 person teams, which sucks if you play with a group of more than 3 regularly.

Top Bottom