What's new

Cody Ross

chickenman04

Muckdog
Reaction score
What do you all think about Cody Ross? I'm a little slanted cause I sit in left field and cheer for him all the time. He's had a rough spring for sure, but I think he's worth keeping. At the very least, he should be worth having around on the bench. Just wondering how everyone else feels.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Who?

Seriously, the Marlins seem to have already made up their mind about him one way or the other. He seems a low priority this spring.

chickenman04

Muckdog
Reaction score
I disagree. they've given him a pretty decent amount of starts out in Left Field.

marlinsfan75

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's a 4th or 5th at best. We need a good CF not another 4th or 5th.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think he is better than Willingham with the glove, he is able to play all 3 OF positions and has tremendous pop, even more so than Borchard (at least that's what it looked like last year) I think he is a quality bat coming off the bench . Even so more of a 4th OF than Borchard, to me he is a bit more complete in what you want in an 4th outfielder.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Keep him, i like him coming off the Bench and he has some nice pop. We all know that when he gets hot we can ride him for a couple days and we can have him start once or twice a week.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Not going to be any room for him. Trade him to the Pirates

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score

Are they interested in him or was that rhetorical?

I happen to agree though that there doesn't seem to be a place for him this season especially if we can something for him that we can use to package for someone we really can use.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Are they interested in him or was that rhetorical?

I happen to agree though that there doesn't seem to be a place for him this season especially if we can something for him that we can use to package for someone we really can use.
A little from column A, a little from column B

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
So you're submitting to Sanchez making the 25 man?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
So you're submitting to Sanchez making the 25 man?
nope

13 man pitching staff, 8 starting fielders, Boone, Borch, Amezaga, Treanor

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
If they get something for him, might as well. He doesn't really seem to fit into the scheme of things for this season.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wonder what it would take to get the local boy from Coconut Creek HS, Brad Eldred from them. He hit .449 there and hit .338 with 44 home runs in college at FIU. I think he is capable of playing outfield, too. He's starting the year as LaRoche's backup so he probably wouldn't be too expensive.

Just thinking out loud.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
13 man pitching staff, 8 starting fielders, Boone, Borch, Amezaga, Treanor

Fredi keeps flip-flopping on the 12/13 thing. He's been quoted both ways in multiple outlets in the last week or so.

I don't think he really knows.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wonder what it would take to get the local boy from Coconut Creek HS, Brad Eldred from them. He hit .449 there and hit .338 with 44 home runs in college at FIU. I think he is capable of playing outfield, too. He's starting the year as LaRoche's backup so he probably wouldn't be too expensive.

Just thinking out loud.
He probably isn't available, as they have since moved him to the OF and are hoping he sticks there

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

Just thinking out loud.
He probably isn't available, as they have since moved him to the OF and are hoping he sticks there
Crap. When did that happen? After they acquired LaRoche?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Just thinking out loud.
Crap. When did that happen? After they acquired LaRoche?
Like 10 days ago

Top Bottom