What's new

College World Series

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Get your picks in now.

Who do you think wins this thing and why?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I will pick the Longhorns....

They are the defending national champions and just knocked off the #1 team in the nation this year on their field in successive games.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Obviously, I picked Miami. I think the new finals format will make a big difference. Once they get down to two teams, it will be a best of three series between those teams, rather than just one game like it had been in the past. That will make it harder for a team who has one dominating starter and not much pitching depth. Even though the Canes havent had their ace all year, theyve had three terrific starting pitchers in Cockroft, Camardese, and Bongiovanni. Plus, their bats are red hot right now. Ryan Braun for MVP!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
i dont like the miami/texas matchup on saturday....

one of these two powers will be in the losers bracket before the end of the weekend guaranteed.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Having Florida State against Texas in the super-regional was ridiculous as well. And meanwhile there was a super-regional between Ohio State and Southwest Missouri State, both huge underdogs who managed to win their regionals. Maybe there should be re-seeding after the regional so that one of OSU and SMS isnt guaranteed to get in and one of FSU and UT going home.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
i agree....

i think the selection committee vastly insulted texas, especially due to their status as defending national champions.

that was riduclious.

Maxx

Chief Operating Officer
Reaction score
Texas looks really good, I think they win it all. They beat FSU and that's a big deal, something the Canes were only able to do once in 6 games this season.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
I usually go to the CWS, because I'm from Omaha. I'm not going this year, though. :( I was there last year when South Carolina lost to Texas in the Championship, I think they'll get over the hump this year and win the whole thing. A team to watch out for is Southwest Missouri State, they beat some good teams to get to the CWS. They're the reason my Huskers aren't in it this year. :banghead

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
spack texas?

what does that entai?

Maxx

Chief Operating Officer
Reaction score
eww we ganna spack texas!
Have you ever even seen UM play?

Maxx