What's new

Comparing Marlins Team Offensive Output since Stanton's Debut

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I took a look the Marlins run scoring rates of every season since Stanton's debut in 2010. I also used the MLB and NL average run scoring rate to compare the run scoring environments and put the numbers in a more comparable context. Before May 15th, the Marlins offense was was worse than the historically bad 2013 team. Since then, they have been almost as good as the 2015-2016 teams. 2019 runs are extrapolated out based on the games played so far.

image.png

With the infusion of new players Like Isan Diaz, Bleday, Monte etc., I don't see any reason that the offense can improve to at least 2010 levels if not 2017 levels. With the pitching in the system, this will be a very dangerous team in the near future.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I really like it. A lot.

It'll be nice, too, having a truly balanced lineup (at least I hope that'll be the case). In all of Stanton's years, if he wasn't doing well at the time, the entire offense seemed to shut down. 2016, IMO, was the only year that wasn't so much the case since a lot of players were stepping up around him, and after Dee's PED suspension.

2021 team could be stacked, honestly.

Just going around the field:

RF Bleday

CF Monte / Brinson (other on bench)

LF Sanchez

SS Chisholm

3B Anderson

2B Isan

1B Lewin / Cooper

C Alfaro

Bench: Monte / Brinson, Cooper / Lewin, Banfield (or another catcher to stopgap), Misner (maybe), VVM??

And, I don't like to think it, cause I love NL baseball, but what if they bring the DH to the NL? This lineup, guys. When Jorge Alfaro might be your worst hitter, that's a great problem to have.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I really like it. A lot.

It'll be nice, too, having a truly balanced lineup (at least I hope that'll be the case). In all of Stanton's years, if he wasn't doing well at the time, the entire offense seemed to shut down. 2016, IMO, was the only year that wasn't so much the case since a lot of players were stepping up around him, and after Dee's PED suspension.

RF Bleday

LF Sanchez

SS Chisholm

3B Anderson

2B Isan

1B Lewin / Cooper

C Alfaro

Bench: Monte / Brinson, Cooper / Lewin, Banfield (or another catcher to stopgap), Misner (maybe), VVM??

And, I don't like to think it, cause I love NL baseball, but what if they bring the DH to the NL? This lineup, guys. When Jorge Alfaro might be your worst hitter, that's a great problem to have.
I think it's time to just have the DH in both leagues.  I used to be a firm no, as I too like NL baseball, but I just think it's time.  It can also be a bone the league throws the union to help prevent a stoppage.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I really like it. A lot.

RF Bleday

LF Sanchez

SS Chisholm

3B Anderson

2B Isan

1B Lewin / Cooper

C Alfaro

The good news is that the Marlins have enough depth in the outfield and middle infield to fill in the cracks if the high ceiling guys don't pan out. The less deep areas of 3B, 1B, and C are the positions where the Marlins are the strongest in the big leagues now.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I think it's time to just have the DH in both leagues.  I used to be a firm no, as I too like NL baseball, but I just think it's time.  It can also be a bone the league throws the union to help prevent a stoppage.

The good news is that the Marlins have enough depth in the outfield and middle infield to fill in the cracks if the high ceiling guys don't pan out. The less deep areas of 3B, 1B, and C are the positions where the Marlins are the strongest in the big leagues now.
Agreed on both counts. Plus we'll just be so deep in outfield depth, I'd love to at least keep one of them around as another bat in the lineup [re: DH]

Top Bottom