What's new

could be good news...

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Third base prospect Miguel Cabrera played left field for Double-A Carolina yesterday and went 0-for-3.
Cabrera, who is batting .365 with 10 HR, 59 RBI, 46/30 K/BB and 9 SB in 260 AB for Carolina this season, is still expected to take over at third base for the Marlins if Mike Lowell is traded. However, it appears that the team is looking for a way to get him into the lineup for the second half even if they don't deal Lowell. Odds are that Lowell will go, but if not, this could be very bad news for Todd Hollandsworth. Cabrera is worth owning in any NL-only leagues in which he's still available.

c/o rotoworld.com :mischief2

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Heard about it earlier. I think they are going to keep Lowell and platoon Banks/Cabrera next year in left, occasionally playing Cabrera at third when Lowell is off. That way Cabrera has some safety padding to learn and gain experience, but not totally put the team at risk. Can anybody say bye bye to Fox and/or Mordecai? :violin :keyboard :guillotine
LOL, Have A Nice Day,
CapeFish

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
or possibly...bye bye to Lee and Banks will be playing first.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Loria will raise payroll somewhat and try to keep nucleus intact for one more year. Isn't Pudge's deal special money that Loria came up with? So using that logic it means that it would not be part of the regular estimated payroll. He could keep team together if he shreds Hollandsworth, Mordecai, Fox, V. Nunez, and others who are not essential. Penny may be gone too, makes too much with too little result. Instead you have Willis take his place. So you would have next year you have a rotation of Redman, Beckett, Willis, Pavano, Tejera/Phelps/Prospect/Acquired Player in Penny Trade. It would be cheaper and protects team from much financial risk. When Burnett comes back (his salary is paid by insurance until then) he can fit right in sending the Tejera/Phelps/Prospect/Aquired Player to then pen.

The Kingdom Is Happy Once More,
Have A Nice Day,
CapeFish

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dont think so Lee never misses a game

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
how bout they bring up Miguel today and sit Worthless cuz he cant hit nor catch fly balls he HORRIABLE!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
how bout they bring up Miguel today and sit Worthless cuz he cant hit nor catch fly balls he HORRIABLE!
horrible

:mischief

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dont think so Lee never misses a game He means we will trade D-Lee an Banks will be the new starting 1B, with Miguel being the full-time guy in LF...

See, I believe this team will keep Lowell, but some of you other guys need to realize that to keep Lowell, Pudg, Lee, Castillo, and TH will all have to leave. We cannot keep one of those guys if we want Lowell here. And I say good ridence to them, becuase I want Mikey...

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
How bout we have Ramon Castro hit Hollandsworth with a Line Drive in BP, so we can bring up Cabrera for a while :shifty :mischief2

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
i doubt cabrera will come to the majors this year. they will probably move to triple AAA

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cabs played LF tonight again....

and I definitely think we see Cabs in September.... maybe earlier

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
How bout we have Ramon Castro hit Hollandsworth with a Line Drive in BP, so we can bring up Cabrera for a while :shifty :mischief2 i agree!!

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
If i remember correctly Ramon played Left for us back in 1998-1999-2000. My microsoft baseball video game confims that Ramon Castro played left feild for the fish in 98-99 sometimes. He could just move to left to platoon with H-Worth, Banks, Allen for more variety

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Id be more comfortable with Looper in LF than Castro....

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
cabrera isnt coming up, if anything he will be moved to AAA, lowell is going no where

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Castro is athletic! How else could he catch so many young pitchers effectively? Look at Biggio from catcher to 2b to CF. We have to play castro for his bat, he is being sacrificed on our bench.

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Castro is athletic! How else could he catch so many young pitchers effectively? Look at Biggio from catcher to 2b to CF. We have to play castro for his bat, he is being sacrificed on our bench.
i dont know were you have been, but all catchers have no speed, there was a reason biggio was moved from being a catcher at his young career. because he has speed........ castro can barely run, cj, redman, posada, pudge......

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge is pretty quick, so is LoDuca, and Kendall...

Cabs will be moved to AAA soon, then onto the majors sometime this year... who knows, maybe he skips AA ball...not a wise move, but it could happen

Top Bottom