What's new

Could Penny Be Tipping His Pitches?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I seems like he may be tipping them. I mean he can't pitch that bad so consistently threw the game, can he? Looks like we need Detective Mordecai on the case.

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
This would be outrageous. We've had, what, at least two other pitchers doing it this year? (Mark Redman and Vladimir Nunez) Hopefully this problem can be fixed soon.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Mordecai caught Beckett too! Why would they do that?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Did anyone see him pitch either at the game or on TV? If so, did his wind up and delivery look different? Did it look like he was tipping his pitches?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i saw him at the game and he looked fine...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Mets don't go from being one-hit to having an offensive explosion in two days! There has to be something that Penny does wrong everytime he sees the Mets. His mechanics must show the Mets coaches some sort of indication of what is coming.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
He isnt tipping his pitches, he jsut probaly keeping the ball up and all his pitches....

when they start hitting him alot doesnt mean he is tipping is pitches (which doubt he is). He just had a rough start.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hopefully he will tighten down and dominate once more, but he must win games like yesterday's.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
the Yanks got no hit and then they went on the scores some runs the next game...

Penny in his career is 0-8 with a 7era... they like to face him...

IT'S ONE GAME....

i mean, if Phelps gets lit up tonight, will you say he is tipping his pitches?

wow

rmarlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pardon the question what exactly do you mean by tiping his pitches you mean on purpose or what?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
sometimes a pitcher may lift his leg higher or move his glove a certain way on a certain pitch over and over... thus tipping his pitches

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
lol , there a post of Marlins pitcher now tipping everytime they get riped ? i was in the game and he seem ok he just cant win vs the Mutts he 0-8 with 6.97 ERA , trust me he was not tipping.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
no it may be a change in his wind up to make the pitch more comfortable for him but he leaves the ball in a visible location for Mets hitters. The Mets hitting coaches must see something in Penny's delivery in order to indicate the pitch, how could they knock him out so often then?
Phelps is different, he is not 0-8 vs. the Mets. Penny is, what is it about his pitching that lets the Mets kill him and the other teams don't?

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
no it may be a change in his wind up to make the pitch more comfortable for him but he leaves the ball in a visible location for Mets hitters. The Mets hitting coaches must see something in Penny's delivery in order to indicate the pitch, how could they knock him out so often then?
Phelps is different, he is not 0-8 vs. the Mets. Penny is, what is it about his pitching that lets the Mets kill him and the other teams don't?
well maybe he doesnt have luck with the Mutts but he does good against other teams

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
luck is only what you make it. But hopefully you are right.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was hoping you wouldn't say injury, but that is a big reason that could explain his problems yesterday. We need to tell pitchers that they must be honest, IF YOU LIE YOU GET FINED! If You lie to your employer you get repremanded or worse, fired, why should they get away with it?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
so a pitcher has a bad outing and automatically it's either injury or he is tipping his pitches?

wow....

face it, the Mets have his number

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
He has had a couple of bad outings! Remember the ANGELS game?

Top Bottom