What's new

Credit

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
At least the Marlins are idiotic morons like the Rays with starting Romo tomorrow.

Now if they start Ziegler.....

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
480 is my score 

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
I don’t have issues with an Opener and a Closer. 

1st inning is the worst inning for Starters anyway.   What’s the downside?

Last edited by a moderator:

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I don’t have issues with a Opener and a Closer. 

1st inning is the worst inning for Starters anyway.   What’s the downside?
its idiotic??

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Bullpenning is the way of the future, boss.

I know it's a video game but in MLB 17, I started a franchise, started it with fantasy draft and basically got the best possible bullpen I could ... as a matter of fact, in 90 rounds, I drafted exactly zero starting pitchers. All relievers, mostly closers. I had guys like Kimbrel, Betances, Rivero [now Vazquez], Miller, the list goes on. My offense was pretty decent as well, having guys like Trout [my first round pick, obvs], Marwin Gonzalez, Joey Gallo, etc. I had a good number of guys who could play multiple spots on the field [Gonzalez, Chris Taylor, et al]. Played on Hall of Fame difficulty with the sliders set to make hitting and pitching a little more difficult without going onto Legend. I started the season 17-1, led the league in strikeouts by a WIDE margin. I basically just started whoever hadn't pitched in a couple days, and had the same mindset with whoever was left in the bullpen.

Now will any MLB teams do this? No, of course they won't, and I don't expect them to do that. But it's not the worst idea in the world. Lol.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
i wonder what term they'll come up for this if this ever catches on.  it's not really a "start" since they don't go long enough to qualify for the W - and it's certainly not a Save either....."Romo had 37 Firsts this year"  sounds idiotic but players are going to want something catchy to capture their specific contributions. 

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
i wonder what term they'll come up for this if this ever catches on.  it's not really a "start" since they don't go long enough to qualify for the W - and it's certainly not a Save either....."Romo had 37 Firsts this year"  sounds idiotic but players are going to want something catchy to capture their specific contributions. 
Brian Kenny calls it The Opener.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Still a stupid idiotic gimmick.

But its the Rays.  They have bought into gimmicks all fucking season with their pitching staff.

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Writer
Reaction score
Meh, it makes sense, but I just don't know how sustainable it is. The real best idea would be to never let a pitcher see a batter for the third time. So forget "openers" and "closers" and whatever, and just have 12 or 13 guys who can all pitch 2 or 3 innings at a time. Aces like Kershaw, Scherzer, and Urena can give the rest of the guys a break by pitching much more of the game. 

CHRISTYTOD

OMG, I am so offended for Kershaw and Scherzer right now  ?

Top Bottom