What's new

Cutting Al Martin for Gerald Williams

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you had been following spring training this year in the Marlins organization and have seen Al Martin and Gerald Williams competing for the final outfield position. Al Martin clearly was better posting an exceptional batting average of .342 to the respectable average of .281 of Williams. Martins stats were better all across the boards in offensive category.(except steals.) The sad part is that now that the Marlins have Dropped Martin and he Was picked up by the Ray's; he's thriving. and what to we have to say for Gerald Williams? ....he's in the minors.

if you could post your comments and tell me what you think of this that would be great. thanks. :)

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
too lazy to look up the thread on this....

it was a bad move, but it's not hurting us, and i dont think it hurt much at all in the first month...

Al Martin is now batting .281 with 0hr and 8rbi..... not great.....not good.... 114ab

It wasn't a smart move, and we discussed it a lot here if you want to read through from the day he was released.

I'm cool with it though, no big impact.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is this post from May 29 or March 29? The Marlins chose Martin to make the team, offered him what is a standard contract for signing a spring training free agent, he chose not to accept it, thats what happened. I doubt whether keeping Martin would have made much of a difference, considering how much playing time the backup outfielders got under Torborg.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is this post from May 29 or March 29? The Marlins chose Martin to make the team, offered him what is a standard contract for signing a spring training free agent, he chose not to accept it, thats what happened. I doubt whether keeping Martin would have made much of a difference, considering how much playing time the backup outfielders got under Torborg.
precisely.

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea he was never cut, why would you have a 36 year old not elgible for the minors.

and say martin was gerald, we wouldnt be able to send him down when he was batting .050. you never know.

and i really dont see gerald coming back to the majors he didnt give us any production and we're doing str8 w/out him

Latest posts

Top Bottom