What's new

De Aza's hairline fracture

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Obviously I am not a doctor and am not automatically looking to blame anyone, so I am asking, when it was apparent the De Aza was not coming along, this was weeks ago, isn't it logical to look for a worse case injury and rule it out first than assuming it is just a sprain. Do the tests to rule out the fracture, which is a known injury in athletes that can take a long time to heal.

Medical people out there, is it that difficult to diagnose?

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Obviously I am not a doctor and am not automatically looking to blame anyone, so I am asking, when it was apparent the De Aza was not coming along, this was weeks ago, isn't it logical to look for a worse case injury and rule it out first than assuming it is just a sprain. Do the tests to rule out the fracture, which is a known injury in athletes that can take a long time to heal.

Medical people out there, is it that difficult to diagnose?

I'm sure it was diagnosed immediately... this is what Front Offices do in baseball. They'll string along the bad news for a couple weeks, hoping we forget. Remember Josh Johnson 2 month ago. This happens quite frequently.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm sure it was diagnosed immediately... this is what Front Offices do in baseball. They'll string along the bad news for a couple weeks, hoping we forget. Remember Josh Johnson 2 month ago. This happens quite frequently.
If it was diagnosed immediately why did he pinch hit a few days after he was shut down? Did Fredi use him when he had a fractured ankle or did the doctors screw-up? I'm not a Fredi fan but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
He probably damaged it more during that pinch hit

strandedx02

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think everyone kinda suspected something was up when he went on the DL for a sprain in April and there hasn't really been any serious talk about him coming back anytime soon.

Top Bottom