What's new

Did I tell you I HATE my Chem teacher.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
WTF.. I got a D in her freaking class. I am so PISSED. I am graduating today and now I have to call school up and tell them my story because I dont think I can grauduate. Argh....... I HATE this. Watch the Marlins lose today and I will have a lovely day.

I guess I am not transfering this fall.

Oh and I spent $400 a month for tutoring. LOVELY.

I need a hug :(

Reason63

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dam. yeah i am a junior in highschool and i freaking hate Chem. i actually have it next period which mad blows lol. hope you graduate on time. btw i hope you diddnt curse the marlins for tonight now...lol jkjk

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why couldn't you graduate with a D?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Florida Universities and Colleges don't like D's. To them it means "not failing" instead of passing.

But Holly, if you don't need Chem for a major, minor, or liberal studies requirement....you should be good to go from FAU to the new school.

Oh, here's your hug :hug

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll tell you want is going on....

I need 2 more classes to graduate. If I passed Chemisty 1 I would go on to Chemistry 2 in the summer but since I didnt pass Chem I need 2 classes to graduate instead of just 1. Make sense?. I have no time to take 2 classes in the summer and there is no Chem 2 in the summer (last session). I already cancelled my family cruise and now I have to cancel my trip to N. Carolina with my family (July). What pisses me off is that my teacher kept telling me not to worry about my grade... :crying .

It's this long confusing process that is so hard to explain. Even the secertary at the deans office is wondering what I am going to do. She had no advice for me.

btw: since I went up to school I missed my graduation :( . Hopefully the Marlins will give me something to smile about tonight.

Sorry if this makes no sense... I am too annoyed to look over what I typed.

I probably can but I already missed my graduation. The lowest grade I can get to transfer is a C. No matter what I have to take the class over again TOMORROW!! :banghead

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
if you need help, i can help you out as well. i have a sample exam for you too.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
What pisses me off is that my teacher kept telling me not to worry about my grade... :crying .
I'm not normally a proponent of grade-grubbing, but have you tried talking to your teacher and explaining the situation?

At the very least, find out how much you missed the C by.

Then you could scour (or have someone else scour) your tests and homework looking for questionable grading that can be contested. There are tools who do this after every test.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
What pisses me off is that my teacher kept telling me not to worry about my grade... :crying .
I'm not normally a proponent of grade-grubbing, but have you tried talking to your teacher and explaining the situation?

At the very least, find out how much you missed the C by.

Then you could scour (or have someone else scour) your tests and homework looking for questionable grading that can be contested. There are tools who do this after every test.
I am going to go talk to her tomorrow morning and then I am going to talk with the dean. Both Chem 1 and 2 start tomorrow and its first class attendance required.
This just stinks because I am always at school early (8am) studying for Chem. She sees me everyday studying for like 2 hours before class. Just sucks :( .

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am going to go talk to her tomorrow morning and then I am going to talk with the dean. Both Chem 1 and 2 start tomorrow and its first class attendance required.
This just stinks because I am always at school early (8am) studying for Chem. She sees me everyday studying for like 2 hours before class. Just sucks :( .
Good. Make sure you cry when you go and talk to her.

And show up to the chem 2 class. If/when this all works out, you'll be glad you showed up on the first day.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's nice that people are offering to help you. If I knew a damn thing about it I would offer help as well, but I failed it in high school and took biology in college. :lol

rorod

Muckdog
Reaction score
i love chemistry....i can help you if you have questions...especially in organic

feel better and hopefully everything works out

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
chemistry sucks.

but its not as bad as biology.

also why are you even taking chemistry holly?

Unless you are a science major there are plenty of other less stressful sciences out there.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
chemistry sucks.

but its not as bad as biology.

also why are you even taking chemistry holly?

Unless you are a science major there are plenty of other less stressful sciences out there.
amen, I'm happy I'm done with both.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am going into Dietetics and I have to take Chemistry 1 & 2 and Organic :( . I think I might change my major if I have more trouble with Chem 1. This is the first time I am having trouble in school. I have never gotten a F or D in my life other than this class. I am pretty much an A/B student. Well, life goes on......

Bradcore

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad. My old chemistry teacher was the spawn of Satan. Mrs Damian? Room 13? I think you see where I'm going with this. Anyhow, don't feel bad. I failed out of Chemistry. I could've passed it easy, but she had us do so much unnessesary bulls***, that I just stopped doing the work. When I didn't retake Chemistry, she told me that no College would accept me without a Chemistry Credit. I got into my college of choice without any problem (granted it was a tech school, but that's besides the point :p ). Point being, it's not the end of the world. Just keep your head up high and work hard.

Night Phantom

Not to be mean, but if you can't get an A or B in Chem I and you want to do something science related.....you should probably look into a new major.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just so you know how horrible my teacher is...

I talked to 4 friends in my class (the class had like 12 students). 3 out of 4 did not pass. I went to see my advisor today and she told me someone else came in her office and complained about the same teacher.

I think she failed or gave a D to over 75% of the class. She lied to us about the add on points because she never added them on.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just so you know how horrible my teacher is...

I talked to 4 friends in my class (the class had like 12 students). 3 out of 4 did not pass. I went to see my advisor today and she told me someone else came in her office and complained about the same teacher.

I think she failed or gave a D to over 75% of the class. She lied to us about the add on points because she never added them on.
Did you talk to her?

And please tell me you're attending chem 2 classes right now. If you haven't already, add it and have them bother you for pre-req's later. Or if somebody won't let you add it, get a signature to override it based on the fact that you should be receiving passing credit for chem 1 soon.

Absolutely do not give up on the chem 2 thing. You can't lose anymore time here.

Top Bottom