What's new

Do you expect Bush to be re-elected?

G

What are your thoughts? I think in the end, the American People will re-elect him.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Depends largely on his opponent.

And what happens in Iraq.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
i would of voted for slick in 2000.....

Maxx

Chief Operating Officer
Reaction score
I Think it depends on his opponent, but as of right now I say yeah he will be re-elected.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
it depends on his opponent...

I won't vote for him.. my entire family is a proud D(Democrats).

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think he will get Re-eected. He is doing pretty good as a president he just needs to bomb Iraq already and stop giving hi chances to bomb us...My whole family are republicans... :D

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think its a really sad thing that says a lot about this country that you are 14 and say you are Republican. Im not making a value judgment about the party, either. It would be the same thing if you said Democrat. Most people just choose the party their parents belong to and repeat things they hear their parents say without even knowing the difference between parties or even if it reflects their own values. And Im not just talking about you. I dont think any 14-year old should have already been tagged with a party affiliation.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
:mischief2

You know, I keep talking about doing this but I never do it...

I want to set up a site that tells you who you WANT to vote for. It takes "political affiliation" and bipartisanship and throws it all out the window. Here?s how it works:

You log into the site. You fill out a questionnaire on some major issues and how important they are to you [to give more weight to the issues most important to you]. You also pick a position [for the matching portion].

After you have filled out all the questions, you click the submit button. It will return the candidates that most match your viewpoint regardless of party. This way, it doesn?t matter if your name is George Bush, John F Kennedy, or Pee Wee Herman ? if the candidate has the same stance as you on the most issues, you?ll get their name. The only snag I?m running into is this: do I base my matching on their voting records or on their promises? As we all know, these two things are not always one in the same... :mischief

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
he just needs to bomb Iraq already and stop giving hi chances to bomb us

As long as we don't get some more support in this war.. this war won't start... we can't go in alone..

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope neither one of them gets re-elected.

Dubya is screwing up our country, whist his brother is killing Florida.

What a quinella.....
So sad but so true...

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
If in the time of election there's a war he will. It makes no sense to change presidents in the middle of war. If theres no war he wont get re-elected.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
if the majority of the american people are against something, a change will be made....

never assume that things will not change based on past actions....

never before have the United States taken on the role of agressors like they currently are....

on a side note...

have hte united states ever succeeded in a conflict where they were deemed the agressor....

i cannot think of any 'war', especially none outside the western hemisphere.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
have hte united states ever succeeded in a conflict where they were deemed the agressor....

Good question. Ask Geronimo...

:whistle

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
ahh yes the conflicts with the native americans....

but again that was confined to the western hemisphere.

as were all other conflicts with the native americans where the USA pushed their Manifest Destiny ideals among many others pushing out the Natives for their own purposes....

Also same thing applied with Mexico in the middle of the nineteenth century.

The Spanish-American war was another where the US were deemed as the agressor and they won....

Again this was in the western hemisphere...

But in a global conflict....

the World Wars cannot be counted, the US were not the agressors....

I dont know enough about Korea to say anything...

Vietnam was a great failure.

Did the US really 'win' the last conflict in the Middle East....yeah sure they were able to get Saddam to 'disarm' but look at where that has got them....

Then of course you have all your other 'minor' conflicts in places like Bosnia, Somilia, etc...

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good points.

A couple of areas of clarification... We were most decidedly NOT the agressors in the Korean War. Here's a pretty good - yet brief - synopsis of what the Korean War was all about:
http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/k/koreanw1a.asp

Lesson Learned? Dont trust politicians when it comes to global freedoms.

I would argue that the North Vietnamese were the agressors in the Vietnam "Conflict" as the US was asked by, of all people, the crappy French to clean up after their mess and maintain the 17th Parallel. I would also argue that the United States did a very good job of maintaining this boundry despite having their hands tied diplomatically by China. Some say that b/c South Vietnam ultimately collapsed, we failed. *I* say b/c South Vietnam still existed while we were there, it was successful.

Lesson learned? Don't trust politicians when it comes to global freedoms.

Did we "win" the Persian Gulf War? Is Kuwait a providence of Iraq or it's own independent nation? :mischief2 We got Saddam out of Kuwait, we just didn't go after Saddam. Iraq surrendered UNCONDITIONALLY and agreed to publish a document listing their weapons of mass destruction and disarm at the UN's request.

Lesson learned? Don't trust politicians when it comes to global freedoms.

Which brings us to today... As my 2-year-old nephew once said "Ouch! Hot!" when he got burned sticking his finger in the toaster. Oddly, the 2-year-old did not repeat his mistake. :whistle

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
also very good points.....

do we deem saddam as a real threat?

do we feel like saddam must be removed from power?

is there any alternative?

what do you do about other regimes similar to iraq in the world?

do you go after them next?

or are you picking on saddam because of events a decade ago?

is this really about terrorism anymore, which was the tenet of all of this military action?

or is this about dubya working to fulfilling what daddy started a decade ago?

just a few questions among many to consider.

some are rhetorical. others should be taken as real, valid questions that should be debated. you decide which are which.

chefbob

Muckdog
Reaction score
:mischief2

You know, I keep talking about doing this but I never do it...

I want to set up a site that tells you who you WANT to vote for. It takes "political affiliation" and bipartisanship and throws it all out the window. Here?s how it works:

You log into the site. You fill out a questionnaire on some major issues and how important they are to you [to give more weight to the issues most important to you]. You also pick a position [for the matching portion].

After you have filled out all the questions, you click the submit button. It will return the candidates that most match your viewpoint regardless of party. This way, it doesn?t matter if your name is George Bush, John F Kennedy, or Pee Wee Herman ? if the candidate has the same stance as you on the most issues, you?ll get their name. The only snag I?m running into is this: do I base my matching on their voting records or on their promises? As we all know, these two things are not always one in the same... :mischief
Good idea. Some people really don't know where they stand. I am a registered democrat, and at one point voted D across the board. Now, I only vote for the people I know of and where they stand on issues. Doesn't matter Democrat, Republican, Independent or other.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
also very good points.....

do we deem saddam as a real threat?

do we feel like saddam must be removed from power?

is there any alternative?

what do you do about other regimes similar to iraq in the world?

do you go after them next?

or are you picking on saddam because of events a decade ago?

is this really about terrorism anymore, which was the tenet of all of this military action?

or is this about dubya working to fulfilling what daddy started a decade ago?

just a few questions among many to consider.

some are rhetorical. others should be taken as real, valid questions that should be debated. you decide which are which.
depending on the opinions of the current events.. many people will have different answers.. and more questions.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Highly suggested reading....

Oi Gavalt! [smacks head] Another one of THESE arguments... :mischief

Latest posts

Top Bottom