What's new

Do you think Alex Gonzalez is an elite SS?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
c/o Marlins Bandit:

New question......Do you think Alex Gonzalez is an elite SS and is he the best in the NL?

right now Sea Bass is.....

i think Renteria is the best....but after that, the NL is a crap shoot....

i hope this new Alex, is the Alex we will be more used to seeing

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Defensively I think Alex is second in the NL only to Edgar, so yes, he is elite.

And if we are still talking about right now, he is not only an elite SS, but the best hitting SS in the NL...

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
c/o Marlins Bandit:

New question......Do you think Alex Gonzalez is an elite SS and is he the best in the NL?

right now Sea Bass is.....

i think Renteria is the best....but after that, the NL is a crap shoot....

i hope this new Alex, is the Alex we will be more used to seeing
It is amazing to me that we are not better than our record is.

We have potentially the best SS in the NL, best 3B, best 2B, best C, and a solid OF with some good pitchers. I do not get it at all. I guess it is the RISP.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
you hit the nail on the head Bandit...

and alot of times, it's either Pudge or DLee up with a chance to break the game open and they either GIDP or K...respectively ;)

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's a three-way race between Alex, Furcal, and Edgar right now. Pretty even.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
No, this is just a team that gets hits in bunches, and when they get those hits in bunches, they score a ton of runs. When they don't, they score 2-3 runs.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge is getting better.... but early on, he would swing at that 1st pitch and it would be a GIDP

DLee is usually worthless when someone is on base....

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
you hit the nail on the head Bandit...

and alot of times, it's either Pudge or DLee up with a chance to break the game open and they either GIDP or K...respectively ;)
Career wise, you may be right on D-Lee here. But look-up the career stats... Pudge is usually awesome when it is a clutch situation...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge was clutch in weeks 1 and 2 of this season....then he went cold, ice cold......he seems to back again now....i hope....we need his bat

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Alex S. is also a good SS so that makes 4 good SS in the N.L.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge was clutch in weeks 1 and 2 of this season....then he went cold, ice cold......he seems to back again now....i hope....we need his bat
Tonight you talked about how badly he can't hit with RISP and now all of the sudden you hope he can keep the hitting he has been diplaying up?

You make no sense...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i wouldnt put him in the big 3....

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Like I have said...

Alex S. Gonzalez isn't good enough to let wet the field for before the game for our Alex, Furcal, and Edgar to play on it...

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
O.K. forget alex s. i just had a look at his stats, they suck.

BTW: Right now Renteria is the best SS in the N.L. at least until Alex proves he could hit for a whole season in back to back years. Anyone agree?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

BTW: Right now Renteria is the best SS in the N.L. at least until Alex proves he could hit for a whole season in back to back years. Anyone agree?
I don't.

Edgar has never really proved he is a great hitter either. If any NL SS is hitting better than our AG (no one is, though), than it is Furcal...

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score

I don't.

Edgar has never really proved he is a great hitter either. If any NL SS is hitting better than our AG (no one is, though), than it is Furcal... Edgar has a .341 avg 6 homers and 42 RBI how is that not good?

Last year he hit .303 11 homers and 83 RBI.

To me thats a proven hitter.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Josh, what are you talking about?

Renteria is gold

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

I don't.

Edgar has never really proved he is a great hitter either. If any NL SS is hitting better than our AG (no one is, though), than it is Furcal... Edgar has a .341 avg 6 homers and 42 RBI how is that not good?

Last year he hit .303 11 homers and 83 RBI.

To me thats a proven hitter. Is that being a GREAT hitter?

He has proven he is a vary good, solid hitter. But never great.

I didn't know Edgar's stats on the season, though. They are pretty even. We'll see where they are at the end of the year...

Top Bottom