What's new

Dog Food

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
my dog is getting fat. My dad constantly feeds her table food, such as meats, cheese...saying that it what's used to make dog food, so it's healthy to give it to her. Is table food unhealthy?

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
Depends I guess. By the way, I heard of a dog food recall, that there was rat poison in some canned dog food. You hear of this?

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
my dog is getting fat. My dad constantly feeds her table food, such as meats, cheese...saying that it what's used to make dog food, so it's healthy to give it to her. Is table food unhealthy?

In small doses, it's ok. But dogs need to eat nutritious dog food.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
The only thing I feed my dog is newspaper smacks right to the face!

yenta

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yes- I recommend you eat dog food from now on. :thumbup

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

Yes.

If dogs were really supposed to be eating table food, vets would recommend it.

They dont. And while meat is a portion of some dog foods, I know of none that is made with cheese. The good dog food is specially formulated to give dogs all the stuff they need in their diet.

And is the dog being fed the good portions of the meat or the fat?

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yes.

They dont. And while meat is a portion of some dog foods, I know of none that is made with cheese. The good dog food is specially formulated to give dogs all the stuff they need in their diet.

my grandmother always feeds the dogs from the table...funny thing though...she never picks up the dog sh*t on the carpet

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yes.

both..I love watching my dog eating $50 steaks...great way to spend your money..

FlummoxedLummox

Some things are very healthy for dogs to eat (meats and certain vegetables are good as long as they are cooked without seasoning). Never feed your dog dairy products, onions, grapes or raisins. These can be very bad for your dog, especially the grapes. Their bodies cannot handle a certain chemical found in the skins and they can be quite toxic.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've been told chocolate is extremely harmful to them also.

My friend's dog was overweight and he put him on the "green bean diet". Is this healthy or is he just a dumb jew?

Depends I guess. By the way, I heard of a dog food recall, that there was rat poison in some canned dog food. You hear of this?
ya I did. I'm planning on having my dad get some healthier dog food. We use Pedigree right now, but I want to change it.

ThisGirlsReady

Muckdog
Reaction score
As long as it's not fried or seasoned, it's actually healthier to feed them real meat, such as beef or chicken than feeding them dog food.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
As long as it's not fried or seasoned, it's actually healthier to feed them real meat, such as beef or chicken than feeding them dog food.

if its meat alone then no its not.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
You can cook up some chicken necks with rice makes for a great dog meal.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm not 100 percent positive on this but I remember hearing that most canned wet dog food is far below the quality of table scraps. In fact by feeding your dog canned food, they are essentially cannibalistic; they are eating the remains of dead dogs along with dead deer, possums, horses, raccoons, and cats. Euthanized pets and circus animals also find their way into dog food. The protein found within is still usable. Often collars are still attached to the animals when processed.

There are individuals who are paid to collect large dead animals off of highways (for sanitary purposes). Those carcasses are then sent to processing plants where the animals are simply cooked and converted into food. If the dog food label contains the words "meat meal," "bone meal" or "meat protein," the food was likely prepared in this manner.
THAT'S DISGUSTING

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I'm not 100 percent positive on this but I remember hearing that most canned wet dog food is far below the quality of table scraps. In fact by feeding your dog canned food, they are essentially cannibalistic; they are eating the remains of dead dogs along with dead deer, possums, horses, raccoons, and cats. Euthanized pets and circus animals also find their way into dog food. The protein found within is still usable. Often collars are still attached to the animals when processed.

There are individuals who are paid to collect large dead animals off of highways (for sanitary purposes). Those carcasses are then sent to processing plants where the animals are simply cooked and converted into food. If the dog food label contains the words "meat meal," "bone meal" or "meat protein," the food was likely prepared in this manner.
THAT'S DISGUSTING
I'd so say. You know that deer along side of the road with only half of it there? Yeah, your dog is eating that.

Morale of the story.

don't feed your dog cheap ass dog food.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
My dog is part lab and part chow. This makes for a propensity for hip displasia. The best way to prevent this, aside from eliminating all stairs, is to keep my dog at a healthy weight. We feed him 4 cups of Beneful Healthy weight. He really likes it and he is in good shape. Also, unlike humans, dogs like to have a consistent diet. If you change their food too frequently, they get stinky gas and digestive problems.

BTW - We also give him Pedigree Breath Busters which he now prefers to Beggin Strips or other cheap cheese and bacon flavored treats. They REALLY help with doggy breath.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
The only thing I feed my dog is newspaper smacks right to the face!
hahah...

milk out the nose

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
My dog is part lab and part chow. This makes for a propensity for hip displasia. The best way to prevent this, aside from eliminating all stairs, is to keep my dog at a healthy weight. We feed him 4 cups of Beneful Healthy weight. He really likes it and he is in good shape. Also, unlike humans, dogs like to have a consistent diet. If you change their food too frequently, they get stinky gas and digestive problems.

BTW - We also give him Pedigree Breath Busters which he now prefers to Beggin Strips or other cheap cheese and bacon flavored treats. They REALLY help with doggy breath.

Beneful is exactly what we're planning on getting. My grandma found a liquid that you put in their water and doggie mints that we gonna give to her to improve the breath. The weird thing is I can't find them in stores down in Florida, only in NC.

THAT'S DISGUSTING
I'd so say. You know that deer along side of the road with only half of it there? Yeah, your dog is eating that.

Morale of the story.

don't feed your dog cheap ass dog food.

I don't own a dog so I never actually read the labels, BUT if the label does contain the words "meal" or "animal protein" there is a very high probability that it contains the aforementioned items.

I've always been tempted to try dog food to see what it tasted like, but I will never actually do it becase I know it might contain things scraped off of the highway.

I have tried dog ice cream however and it tastes like sand. That's the only way to describe it.
eww. it says "animal protein" on the food bag. my dad says they don't do that (he's a complete idiot, so I don't believe a word he says), he laughed at me. Apparently, some of the dead animals go into making mulch. that's also disgusting. Anyway, does anyone have info that specifically states that dead animals off the side of the road are used in some cheap dog foods? I just want to prove him wrong, since he thinks he always right.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Both of my dogs and both of my cats eat this food. It is supposed to be pretty good. http://www.bluebuff.com/

BTW: My dogs only eat a few "table scraps" they are canned pumpkin, cooked carrots and fat free yogurt. My Greyhound cannot eat high fat foods for some reason. Last time we did he was in surgery 1 day later (Even normal amounts a fat he cant handle.).

Top Bottom