What's new

Dolphins Put Booker on Trading Block

Flying_Mollusk

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Dolphins aren't done trying to dismantle their roster from last season, with a source saying today that wide receiver Marty Booker is on the trading block.

It's unknown what compensation the Dolphins are seeking for Booker, an eight-year veteran who was acquired in 2004 along with a third-round draft choice from Chicago for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye. The Dolphins have tried to accumulate draft picks by trading other veterans and have accumulated 10 selections heading into this weekend's draft.

Booker could potentially figure into the trade talks being held between the Dolphins and Kansas City for Chiefs quarterback Trent Green. Shopping Booker also may indicate the Dolphins have targeted Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. with the draft's No. 9 overall pick.

The Dolphins already have jettisoned two of their top four leaders in receptions from last season by releasing tight end Randy McMichael and trading wideout Wes Welker to New England for second- and seventh-round picks.

Booker, who will be 31 entering the season, has caught 144 passes for 2,071 yards and 10 touchdowns in his three years with the Dolphins. Booker, though, has failed to match the output of his 2001 and 2002 seasons with the Bears when he tallied 197 catches for 2,260 yards and 14 scores.

Booker is due to make $3.1 million in base salary this season and is under contract through 2008.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/footbal...-dolphins-front

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
im not against trading away booker, even though he was our best wideout last year...but if we draft ginn jr (aka yatil green), im going to defect and root for a team that knows what it is doing

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
It'd be pretty idiotic to draft Ginn. Doesn't really improve the team that much, especially if he's just being used merely to replace Booker.

DelGOT2Rings

Muckdog
Reaction score
It'd be pretty idiotic to draft Ginn. Doesn't really improve the team that much, especially if he's just being used merely to replace Booker.
I dont' like Ginn either at 9, but I'd assume he'd also return kicks for us too. I'd take Ginn with our second pick, but there is no way he lasts that long.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score

Eh, its not that stupid. When's the last time we've had a play maker of his potential? I really don't think we will take him though, I always believe the opposite of whoever I hear a team is enamored with around this time.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nobody's safe! Aaaah!

Not a big loss. He's been pretty mediocre since arriving.

fishfan25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I really hope the fins don't draft Ginn....I kinda hope Booker stays, he isn't what he used to be, but i like him a lot more than Ginn.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like that the Dolphins are finally cleaning house and re-building properly. I'm tired of the mediocrity.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have no problem with Booker moving on, but if we use the #9 on Ginn, then I may be done.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
I get moving Booker, but drafting Ginn because of that? No way...

We have already been forecasted to get a guy like Dwayne Jarrett in the 2nd round...why waste our 1st pick when we have more pressing matters?

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
I will break something if we draft Ginn at number 9. Actulaly I would break alot of somethings like half of the stuff in my house I would be so pissed off.

Here is the draft History of Randy Mueller as GM/VP

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/footbal...-dolphins-front

(Seattle)

LocalLinks
1. WR Joey Galloway Ohio State
2. TE Christian Fauria Colorado
4. LS Jason Kyle Arizona State
6. DT Henry McMillian Florida
6. WR Eddie Goines North Carolina State
7. DE Keif Bryant Rutgers

1. G Pete Kendall Boston College
2. CB Fred Thomas Tennessee-Martin
3. T Robert Barr Rutgers
3. RB Reggie Brown Fresno State
4. DE Phillip Daniels Georgia
6. G Reggie Green Florida
6. DB T.J. Cunningham Colorado
7. DE Johnie Church Florida

1. CB Shawn Springs Ohio State
1. T Walter Jones Florida State
5. DB Eric Stokes Nebraska
6. TE Itula Mili Brigham Young
7. CB Carlos Jones Miami

1. OLB Anthony Simmons Clemson
2. T Todd Weiner Kansas State
3. RB Ahman Green Nebraska
4. MLB DeShone Myles Nevada
6. DE Carl Hansen Stanford
6. WR Bobby Shaw California
7. C Jason McEndoo Washington State

1999 (Mueller employed but Holmgren made final decisions)
1. DE Lamar King Saginaw Valley State
3. QB Brock Huard Washington
3. WR Karsten Bailey Auburn
4. DE Antonio Cochran Georgia
5. G Floyd Wedderburn Penn State
5. RB Charlie Rogers Georgia Tech
6. CB Steve Johnson Tennessee

(New Orleans)

LocalLinks
2. DE Darren Howard Kansas State
4. FB Terrelle Smith Arizona State
5. G Tutan Reyes Mississippi
5. TE Austin Wheatley Iowa
5. KR Chad Morton Southern California
6. QB Marc Bulger West Virginia
6. FS Michael Hawthorne Purdue
6. WR Sherrod Gideon Southern Mississippi
7. LS Kevin Houser Southern California

1. RB Deuce McAllister Mississippi
3. OLB Sedrick Hodge North Carolina
3. DT Kenny Smith Alabama
4. FB Moran Norris Kansas
5. WR Onome Ojo California-Davis
6. T Mitch White Ohio State
7. DT Ennis Davis Southern California

1. WR Donte' Stallworth Tennessee
1. DE Charles Grant Georgia
2. C LeCharles Bentley Ohio State

LocalLinks
3. OLB James Allen Oregon State
4. CB Keyuo Craver Nebraska
5. SS Mel Mitchell Western Kentucky
6. QB J.T. O'Sullivan California-Davis
6. TE John Gilmore Penn State
7. DE Derrius Monroe Virginia Tech

TOTALS
QB: Three (3,6,6)
RB: Four (1,3,3,5)
FB: Two (4,4)
WR: Seven (1,1,3,5,6,6,6)
OL: Ten (1,1,2,2,3,5,5,6,6,7)
TE: Four (2,5,6,6)
DL: Twelve (1,1,2,3,4,4,6,6,7,7,7,7)
LB: Four (1,3,3,4)
DB: Ten (1,2,4,5,5,6,6,6,7,7)
ST: Three (4,5,7)

He seems to take Later round QBs rather then earlier (3rd or later always), he drafts Oline and dline early. Most of all he seems to move around in the draft alot and seems to always take BPA.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
There's too much depth at WR in the draft to take anyone in the early first round except for the team that gets Calvin Johnson. Hopefully, it'll be a non-issue and Quinn will still be on the board when we pick. :whistle

MikeLowell

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have no idea who I want the Dolphins to draft. Levi Brown looks like he could be a solid player if he can play LT at the NFL level. Everyone is saying he could be a stud RT at the NFL level but I want to keep Vernon Carey at RT. I guess I'd be happy with either Levi Brown or Laron Landry. Scott Wright says Adrian Peterson could fall all the way to the 10th pick. I know that isn't a need position and we probably wouldn't take him even if he did fall to us since we have Ronnie Brown but how cool would that be to have Ronnie Brown/Adrian Peterson in the backfield? A younger version of Deuce/Reggie Bush.

Top Bottom