What's new

Dolphins up offer for Trent Green

GoMarlins2435

Muckdog
Reaction score
The NFL Network's Jim Fassel reported Friday that the Dolphins have upped their offer for Trent Green to a conditional sixth-round pick. The Chiefs have been holding out for a fourth-round pick. The condition of the new offer is that if Green reaches playing-time levels the pick increases to a fifth-rounder. Fassel cautions that Chiefs GM Carl Peterson is currently on vacation and it's Memorial Day weekend, so a deal probably isn't imminent.
May. 25 - 10:08 pm et

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was worried they were actually going to offer a 4th rounder. This is much smarter. At least we're only moving up to a 5th, and only if he plays. Frankly, there's no need for us to offer anything. We don't need Trent Green and the Chiefs are going to have to get rid of him sooner or later. The only downside to dragging this out is that Trent might grow unhappy and decide he doesn't want to be here (who cares?) and it also means Trent will have less time to learn the playbook (shouldn't be a huge problem). So, let's just wait them out, and if they insist on being stubborn, then we'll just move on to Plan B, which is Daunte/Lemon/and the new guy.

Flying_Mollusk

Muckdog
Reaction score
Am I missing something or is Peterson an idiot? He is going to lose him for nothing!! Did he go to the Matt Milen school for misunderstanding leverage?

JJ24

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wonder how many games the condition would be based on, I would assume that Beck will be in there by about week 6. I'd rather have a fourth rounder and see Lemon/Beck/Pepper start than give up that pick for Green.

GoMarlins2435

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wonder how many games the condition would be based on, I would assume that Beck will be in there by about week 6. I'd rather have a fourth rounder and see Lemon/Beck/Pepper start than give up that pick for Green.

I'd really hope you guys aren't planning to let Beck play until year 2. Then again he is going to be a 26 year old rookie so maybe time isn't a option.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I say they shouldn't give up anything, it ain't even worth trading a bottle
of Gatorade to get Green.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
All I kept hearing on draft day was how high the Dolphins were with Beck, that he was smarter than anyone else they could find in the draft. That Speilman loved him because he had the playbook memorized one day after he got it.

So now we're going to make a trade for a starter despite Beck being 27 this season? Fantastic idea.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
All I kept hearing on draft day was how high the Dolphins were with Beck, that he was smarter than anyone else they could find in the draft. That Speilman loved him because he had the playbook memorized one day after he got it.

So now we're going to make a trade for a starter despite Beck being 27 this season? Fantastic idea.

He's 25 and he's just a rookie, most teams don't make rookie QB's starters right off the
bat and throw them into the fire like that. He'll probably be the starter around mid
season.

JJ24

Muckdog
Reaction score

He's 25 and he's just a rookie, most teams don't make rookie QB's starters right off the
bat and throw them into the fire like that. He'll probably be the starter around mid
season.
I think 6-8 weeks sounds right for Beck to be in there. So the question is do you really want to give up a 5th or 4th round pick for someone who will only play half a season. Id rather give lemon a shot and get some trade value for him.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score

season.
I think 6-8 weeks sounds right for Beck to be in there. So the question is do you really want to give up a 5th or 4th round pick for someone who will only play half a season. Id rather give lemon a shot and get some trade value for him.

I wouldn't give up anything to get Green, I'd wait 'til they release him. I'd give Lemon a
shot but I guess they wanna have a veteran presence to guide Beck and Daunte
can't really be that guy since he's hurt.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score

season.

Swifty spielman has been in minn for a year now

As for Beck he will sit most likely the first year.

Lemon is rather sucky in my opinion. Culpepper I expect to end up cut, green knows the offense well and could perhaps lead the fins to the playoffs. Of course looking at the schedule it is brutal

Top Bottom