What's new

Dontrelle an All-Star!?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
They had this on the "Buy or Sell" segment of Around the Horn on ESPN. The official question was, do you buy or sell Marlins Rookie Dontrelle Willis in the NL All-Star game?

Woody Paige Said: Buy... "He should be there with Chicon and Prior"

Bill Plaschke Said: Buy... "He will be the next Vita Blue"

Mike Holley Said: Buy... "Opponents are hitting . 239 against him, and if he had consistant succees in the Minors, I don't think they will pick-up his delivery in the Majors"

Jay Mariotti Said: Sell... "The Marlins Will only have one All-Star and that has to be Mike Lowell"

I think this proves that Mariotti is an idiot, seeing that we basically have a gaurenteed 2 AS's, and could end up with three in Gonzalez...

I think he DESERVES to be in the AS game, but he won't be...

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
he deserves yes, but if he really is an ALL-star then he should be able to put up the same stats or better next year.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Willis doesn't deserve to be an all-star...

...HE IS AN ALL-STAR :)

What rookie has recently come from AA and pitched a 1-hitter against the likes of Cliff Floyd, Burnitz, and the other Mets in his 7th or 8th outing?

He is 6-1, better than Glavine and Maddux I believe. come on!

The real question is will he be rookie of the year (If i could vote, i would pick him for ROY)

Dusty better get his head screwed on right and pick Willis for the A-S Game!

Cape Fish
(I voted Yes Above By The Way)

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
NOW, from Pardon the Interuption:

Tony Kornheiser: "He's a cross between Fernando Valensuala and Orlando Hernandez."

Michael Wilbon: " I never want to see him pitch again. He's going to go 24-4 every season for the next 15 years and it won't be in a Cubs uniform."

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge is a given for the AS Game
so is Lowell

then there is DW, Redman(maybe) and Sea Bass

it's gonna be rough times for Dusty

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think you have to take Sea Bass right now... He's been the best SS in the NL, and second best in the Majors only behind Nomar...

Lowell is an obvious given, I mean, the guy is the best 3B in baseball right now, and by making him an All-Star it might even help his teams chances of acquiring him...

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think you have to take Sea Bass right now... He's been the best SS in the NL, and second best in the Majors only behind Nomar...

Lowell is an obvious given, I mean, the guy is the best 3B in baseball right now, and by making him an All-Star it might even help his teams chances of acquiring him...
Well Josh if that's The Case that Sea Bass is better than Rent, Then Luis is not a top 5 second. Because right now your judging on Power not on Getting on Base with that The Case you can't say...

That Luis is one of The Best Seconds due to getting on base but yet Edgar is not because he does not have The Power...

Edgar will get The Nod

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sea Bass is beating Edgar in SLG and OPS... his SLG is 6th best in the NL, his OPS is 9th best...

how could he not go?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Apparently you cannot read, Rune... Look at the key words I used when I posted. I will capitalize the key words...

"He's BEEN the best SS in the NL..."

"Lowell is an obvious given, I mean, the guy is the best 3B in baseball RIGHT NOW..."

I never said Sea Bass was the best SS in the NL overall. I said at this point in the season he has been. Same with what I said about Lowell...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pamp, you forgot, Alex also has more HR and RBI than Edgar...

Edgar beats Alex in one offensive category. And they are pretty even defensively, but, o0o0o, wait, Alex has the least errors of any SS in baseball...

Which one has been better so far, Rune? :rolleyes:

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sea Bass is beating Edgar in SLG and OPS... his SLG is 6th best in the NL, his OPS is 9th best...

how could he not go?
Because 2 Guaranteed All Stars, Is going to hurt SeaBass but...

Then you have a guy who is near the top of Average plus two guy's who play SS for Dusty's teams.

Rent will get in, Because it will make it easier to handle for Dusty rather than explaining why Sea Bass is not on the team on Media Day.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Apparently you cannot read, Rune... Look at the key words I used when I posted. I will capitalize the key words...

"He's BEEN the best SS in the NL..."

"Lowell is an obvious given, I mean, the guy is the best 3B in baseball RIGHT NOW..."

I never said Sea Bass was the best SS in the NL overall. I said at this point in the season he has been. Same with what I said about Lowell...
Wow! Such fighting words Josh! :jerry
Read The Post I made to Ramp should explain everything for you...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I read that post... Read my second post...

Maybe THAT should explain to you why Alex should be an All-Star...

And di it ever occur to you there could be THREE NL SS in the AS game?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
and just for the record, i think Edgar has more RBI

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Find out Mr. Stat man! :p

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Find out Mr. Stat man! :p 46 - 45

in favor of Edgar i think

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I read that post... Read my second post...

Maybe THAT should explain to you why Alex should be an All-Star...

And di it ever occur to you there could be THREE NL SS in the AS game?
Did it ever occur to you that you need to chill out?

Dusty is going to save face in San Fran by letting Aurillia in. He also stands to put(The Cubs) Gonzalez in plus you have players like Furcal doing great also. Sea Bass is better than Furcal, Rollins and the other names in The SS position but...

You just never know.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Are you sure?

And even if that is right, Alex still leads in almost every single category...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can gaurentee you Aurilia and Alex S. won't make it... It would be idiotic to out them in the AS game...

Latest posts

Top Bottom