What's new

Dontrelle and Miggy?

LetsG0Fish

Muckdog
Reaction score
If this team doesn't reach .500 by the all star break, Do you think Dontrelle and Cabrera are gone? This columnist does :thumbdown

Miami Herald

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dontrelle maybe, Cabrera no. But I don't think it is the .500 mark that will determine if they are on the block. I think it will have more to do with what happens between now and July 31st with the stadium. Also, I think it will have a lot to do with just how desperate a team is to get a pitcher like Willis. From a purely baseball standpoint, trading Willis now may be a smart move if you can get 3 or 4 major pieces back, such as a young catcher and centerfielder.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow we've never had a thread like this before.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
posted already in the grumblings thread, the columist is pretty blah and it is about Dtrain mainly not miggy

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Dontrelle maybe, Cabrera no. But I don't think it is the .500 mark that will determine if they are on the block. I think it will have more to do with what happens between now and July 31st with the stadium. Also, I think it will have a lot to do with just how desperate a team is to get a pitcher like Willis. From a purely baseball standpoint, trading Willis now may be a smart move if you can get 3 or 4 major pieces back, such as a young catcher and centerfielder.

i agree with that, if one was to get traded i would think it would definately be Willis.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
Willis, in terms of on-field production, is unquestionably overrated. But I worry that he is worth much more to this team than just that, and a trade of him better fetch a pretty huge return and that means multiple touted prospects.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
You know, I always thought 100 threads about this topic was quite enough, but you proved me wrong, apparently we needed 101 threads on the subject.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is it a coinflip that Dontrelle will be with a different team in August?

Probably, but there is absolutely zero chance that he's a Met. This isn't an economic move for 27 of the other teams, and New York money has no influence in the decision making process...so it's just nauseating to see a columnist actually paid to write this garbage.

And the Mets cupboard is real bare as far as top flight ready talent goes.

Can't Miss Milledge has fallen so far out of favor with the team that Ben Johnson, not Milledge, is now traveling with the team in anticipation of a Green DL'ing.

chickenman04

Muckdog
Reaction score
jeez everyone, he was talking about a new article that just came out. lay off

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
You know, I always thought 100 threads about this topic was quite enough, but you proved me wrong, apparently we needed 101 threads on the subject.

:rolleyes:

It's not like he was reciting his opinion, he simply posted an article that some people probably did not see buried in the grumbling's thread.

Reaction score
These older threads get so saturated with one-liners and comments like "I'd def keep miggy over train" that it becomes a waste sifting through all the pages to find the new developments on the topic. No problem posting this as long as the same usual arguments aren't repeated.

Top Bottom