What's new

Dontrelle could be tipping his pitches?

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
In a scouting reporting going around Willis could be tipping his pitches. A professional scout said "during his delivery, he raises his glove much higher when throwing his hard slider or backdoor breaking ball, which tips his pitches to hitter" If I were the Marlins, I would be a little concern, if other scouts are picking up on this it won't be long before the players of other team do the same. :confused

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dont think he is tipping because then Mike Mordi would of notice , remeber he is an expert at looking if his pitchers are tipping.

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
That would suck if hitters could read him that easily, if thats the case ( that he's tipping his pitches) hopefully he can alter his wind up a little, without effecting his pitching. :plain

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I honestly don't think that matters... By the time he is that far through his wind-up, the hitters won't have much time to process that anyway...

I wouldn't worry, and if there was something wrong, I am sure they would have fixed it by now... It seems he's has done amazing dispite that anyway...

marlins02

I honestly don't think that matters... By the time he is that far through his wind-up, the hitters won't have much time to process that anyway...

I wouldn't worry, and if there was something wrong, I am sure they would have fixed it by now... It seems he's has done amazing dispite that anyway...
Of course it matters, these are professional hitters, as soon as they notice or its pointed out to them they will adjust. He's only been in the bigs for a month or so. but im confident that if its true, than they will work with him and help him get rid of the habit.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well if no one has hit him well this season, and it has worked for him his entire life, and they chose not to change his mechanics before, then it isn't a seemingly big problem...

marlins02

but this is first year in the bigs. you cant compare the bigs to the minors, and high school, here it'll catch up with him. if his prior coaches in the minors and high school noticed it they would and should've worked on his mechanics. theres also the possibility that its something that just developed since he came up. and of course there's the possibility that this scout is mistaken.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
He cant be tippping his pitches....he hides the ball so well. He is very good at hiding the ball and even if he was the hitters still havent hit him....

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
You can hide the ball all you want this is a mechanical "ball" that hes showing.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Exactly...

It's not the ball they are looking for, but what kind of motion he makes with his glove...

I guess we will have to wait and see how the Mutts hit against him...

Latest posts

Top Bottom