What's new

Dontrelle for CY YOUNG!?!?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have thought long and hard about this. If he wins 20 games this year, has as many K's as innings pitched, an ERA of 2.50 give or take, do you think Dontrelle could win the Cy? :whistle The vet Kevin Brown might have an edge because he's just that, a vet, but Dontrelle might also hold the edge of coming straight from AA in the middle of the season, still winning 20 games, and being loved by fans everywhere because of his swagger and attitude, ect...

What does everybody else think? :mischief2

Am I crazy, ignorant, naive, or all three? :shifty

marlins02

this is starting to get crazy. Rookie of the year and an allstar appearance is one thing, but now bringing up the Cy Young award? thats alot to ask for, he's only been up for over a month and its only June. I know he's been spectacular, but its to early to talk about that.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
this is starting to get crazy. Rookie of the year and an allstar appearance is one thing, but now bringing up the Cy Young award? thats alot to ask for, he's only been up for over a month and its only June. I know he's been spectacular, but its to early to talk about that.
I don't know...

I'm not asking for a Cy, I'm just saying it's possible...

He's been just as good as Kevin Brown...

If he keeps it up, the sky could be the limit...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
f***ing aye wild card!!!!

what the hell is wrong with you

STOP JINXING EVERYTHING... keep it inisde your little head
:banghead

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i have had enough....

im serious...

just keep it to yourself

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't even thought about him winning the Cy Young. In fact, I thought him being in the All-Star game was a stretch too. I think ROY is definitley in his sights. I'll take a "wait and see" approach with the other two.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
He won't be able to make more than 17 starts this year unless the fish go with a 4 man rotation...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I thought it would be an interesting topic. I want to everyone's perspective is on this. Don't get worked up about it...lol

marlins02

mentioning the Cy Young to me is really just crazy, at least now it is. if in September he's still going strong than ok, but its only June. let him focus on just going one start at a time, and trying to help keep the team going strong

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He won't be able to make more than 17 starts this year unless the fish go with a 4 man rotation...
He's been getting a win almost everytime he steps on the mound...

I don't see him getting very many no decisions, whether it be a win or loss. He always goes at least six innings.

And the team hits behind. When he's out there, they're pumped up. The crowds are now pumped up. He makes everything more exciting.

I'm not trying to raise his expectations. I don't expect him to win the Cy, or go to the AS game for that matter. I'm just saying it's a slight possibility...

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
he needs to win ALL the rest of his starts to get a cy young... its way too soon and hes not getting it this year..

eadearmas

Muckdog
Reaction score
WildCard, I'll have to agree with the rest of the board on this. Take it one step at a time and don't jinx it... :) All Star is one thing, but Cy Young is a whole different ballgame. First, he is not going to pitch more than 18 more games this year. Second, you will have to factor in that after the break other teams are going to have a second chance/look at him. Let's see how they adapt and, more importantly, how Willis adapts.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd love to be Captain Negative on this one and say WC is being way too unreasonable to thing Cyclone on Willis this early.

But then two little words keep popping into my head....

Doc Gooden. :thumbup

(And not because Willis is a crack-headed wife beater) :confused

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
we are getting just a few steps ahead of ourselves....

and fish fillet...are you saying Willis is a crackheaded wife beater?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Doc Gooden. :thumbup

(And not because Willis is a crack-headed wife beater) :confused
LMAO :lol :lol :lol

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dammit, Das, stop being like me and go with it for now.

AS far as I'm concerned, it's a wide-open race. Brown is the front runner from everything I read, but every 3rd or 4th start he gets his han handed to him (dee Sunday's start).

WTH, I'm all for the D-Train making a run at it!!!

Top Bottom